Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Imagine your favorite games developed in a different genre

Just imagine everything you know and love about a game that could be developed in an alternate universe. The genre changing, and that could have such a huge impact. For examples: Think about Bloodborne in an open world where you can climb the buildings. Imagine assassins creed as a fantasy where it’s basically assassins creed mixed with Skyrim where AC Valhalla now has Ragnar skeletons and dragons roaming the world. Cmon. What’s not to love. 
What is your game you want an overhaul to a different genre? A shooter now a hack and slash; say what? I’m fucked up

As I've said before, I'd love to see From Software make a soulsborne-style Zelda game. Others that come to mind are: A 3rd-person shooter prequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn set during the war with the Faro machines, A Resident Evil game where the main character uses a claymore or similar big sword instead of a gun, An offline single-player version of World of Tanks, and a 3rd-person military shooter set in the FFVII universe where you lead a SOLDIER squad.

I wouldn't mind Persona games in a sci-fi setting like Soul Hackers. There's Soul Hackers 2, but I heard it's shit, its dungeons a repetitive slog to get through, so make a proper one please, Atlus. A Persona horror game Silent Hill style might be fun too considering we're dealing with, you know, angels and demons.

Dragon Age as a turn-based JRPG might be a neat idea too. Despite what others have said, I liked the "pause and strategize" mechanic of Dragon Age: Origins, so I wouldn't mind seeing that come back.

Grand Theft Auto as a turn-based RPG would definitely suck or even worse, as a point and click game. Now imagine Sonic as a 3d open world game - now that would definitely su- to be honest, Sonic Frontiers actually is a decent game as in its above average and does have a lot of things to do in-game.

3 hours ago, Kyng said:

[i]FTL: Faster than Light[/i] as an RPG might be quite fun... trying to get by with limited resources, whilst facing onslaughts from hostile enemy ships, it'd be pretty tense!

I just want to point out that you don't need to use BB code on this forum. The UI for posts include word processing tools, including an italics tool. You can find these tools at the top of the space whare you type your posts and messages.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, Shagger said:

I just want to point out that you don't need to use BB code on this forum. The UI for posts include word processing tools, including an italics tool. You can find these tools at the top of the space whare you type your posts and messages.

Testing

Thanks for pointing that out 🙂 . I'll keep it in mind for the future!

On 8/2/2023 at 6:07 PM, Kyng said:

[i]FTL: Faster than Light[/i] as an RPG might be quite fun... trying to get by with limited resources, whilst facing onslaughts from hostile enemy ships, it'd be pretty tense!

This does sound like it could be a lot of fun! Could you imagine how many people would be interested in a game like that as well? 

At the moment my favourite game is Fortnite and I will admit, I would love to see that as some kind of actual survival game with the need to protect yourself. 

My favorite gaming franchise has already ventured in different genres before, and honestly Sonic just works best as a platformer more than anything else. There's been a turned based RPG, a few fighting games, and a few racing games. The racing games were fine since part of Sonic's gameplay is speed. The fighting games were decent, and Sonic and the Secret Rings was okay but it had terrible music. We even got a visual novel game, which is my least favorite genre of gaming. As for my other favorite games, Pokemon has ventured into the fighting genre, dungeon crawling genre, and even tactical rpg styles of games. I can't really imagine it being anything other than a series that's competitive, I don't think it'd work well as a platformer.