Jump to content
Register Now
ImmersionGaming22

Im back, I bet you've all really missed me haven't you? and are so glad im back to put the gaming world to rights with you all! hahaha :)

Recommended Posts

Hey all, i hope you are all well and doing good! 🙂 Im sorry ive not been on chatting with you all for a few months, but as i stated back in February, i had just separated from my partner of 20+ years, so was in a weird place back then and was unsure of what i would do going forward, as i had not been on my own for as long as i could remember! So yeah it was a shock to my system to say the least, and as im sure you can appreciate, i was not in a very chatty mood! 😞

Anyway what i did do was lock myself away from the world, and did a bit of soul searching and finding me again, as when you have been in a relationship for that length of time, you tend to lose your own individuality, which i did massively, as my ex was a massive control freak. So what i did is focus on getting me back to me and also learning a lot more about having a YouTube channel and video editing etc etc etc, as i started my channel in about October last year, but by the time i split with my ex in 
February, i still had no clue what i was doing, as i was learning everything from scratch. Anyway as i said, i took that time out to do a lot of reading and watching tutorial vids, to build up my experience, which im still doing as we speak, but im also getting back out of the flat now too and having a life again, instead of just solely focusing on my channel. So yeah life is better now and hopefully my vids have improved as well, due to all the tricks ive learned along the way lol, although my confidence on screen is still a huge obstacle to overcome, but all in good time, Rome wasn't built in a day was it! 🙂

So yeah, i just wanted to let you guys know why i disappeared for a while, and that im back and will hopefully be chatting everything gaming with you all going forward! 🙂

Speak soon!
Woody! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2023 at 7:49 PM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

Hey all, i hope you are all well and doing good! 🙂 Im sorry ive not been on chatting with you all for a few months, but as i stated back in February, i had just separated from my partner of 20+ years, so was in a weird place back then and was unsure of what i would do going forward, as i had not been on my own for as long as i could remember! So yeah it was a shock to my system to say the least, and as im sure you can appreciate, i was not in a very chatty mood! 😞

Anyway what i did do was lock myself away from the world, and did a bit of soul searching and finding me again, as when you have been in a relationship for that length of time, you tend to lose your own individuality, which i did massively, as my ex was a massive control freak. So what i did is focus on getting me back to me and also learning a lot more about having a YouTube channel and video editing etc etc etc, as i started my channel in about October last year, but by the time i split with my ex in 
February, i still had no clue what i was doing, as i was learning everything from scratch. Anyway as i said, i took that time out to do a lot of reading and watching tutorial vids, to build up my experience, which im still doing as we speak, but im also getting back out of the flat now too and having a life again, instead of just solely focusing on my channel. So yeah life is better now and hopefully my vids have improved as well, due to all the tricks ive learned along the way lol, although my confidence on screen is still a huge obstacle to overcome, but all in good time, Rome wasn't built in a day was it! 🙂

So yeah, i just wanted to let you guys know why i disappeared for a while, and that im back and will hopefully be chatting everything gaming with you all going forward! 🙂

Speak soon!
Woody! 🙂

Happy to hear you're back and I'm glad you took some time off to get yourself back on your feet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was wondering what happened to you for a while. I'm sorry to hear about your split. Relationship endings always hurt, but after 20+ years would be absolutely devastating. I hope you're doing ok.

You know us freaks of nature, oops I mean gamers, will be here for a long time. I'm interested to hear what games you're playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2023 at 4:56 PM, Shagger said:

I am going to have to move this to General Chat.

 

I see you've been through a lot, but I'm glad things seem to be coming togethe. It's great to have you back.

 

Thank you Shagger, so for the delayed reply, go so much on at the min its unreal, ive never been so busy! 🙂 Not only am i still learning all of the stuff i mentioned in the above post, but ive just bought and set up a green screen for my channel, so learning all the tricks to using that effectively, as there is a lot more to it than i initially thought, lol isn't there always hahahaha Also ive started repairing and restoring faulty tech again too, so i buy faulty phones, laptops, tablets and consoles etc etc etc and then repair, refurb them, then sell them on, which is my way of not only recycling what would otherwise be e-waste, but than can sell it on to people much cheaper than it would cost them to buy a new one, as we are all struggling at min, under the current climate, plus i make a little on top for my time, so it helps me get by too! 🙂 so yeah mate been really really busy, still trying to have a social life too, but its easier said than done as there's only so much time in a day! :)

On 6/13/2023 at 5:14 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

20 years is a long time and I can understand how you can lose individuality during that time. I’m not anyone to give advice, but I am supportive and that’s what we all need and what we are all here for is all those fun good things in our heart like gaming. Don’t let your ex take that away from you.
 

 

Thank you for your kind word and support R vs A, i really do appreciate it more than you know, especially at the min, sorry about the late reply, but ive so so busy its unreal!! (see above reply to Shagger for the deets, as i cba writing it all again hahahaha) But yeah im getting there now bud thank god! 🙂 and no one will ever take gaming from me, its such a huge part of my life and who i am, soo no danger of that! :)

On 6/15/2023 at 12:16 AM, killamch89 said:

Happy to hear you're back and I'm glad you took some time off to get yourself back on your feet.

Thank Killa! i really appreciate it mate and i glad i did too mate, as it was sorely needed trust me, i was so down, lost and confused it was scary, but that is all in the past now mate, life goes on, we heal and we plod on dont we mate, what choice do we have! 🙂 sorry for the late reply too, ive been really really busy mate, seriously!! (see reply to Shagger above for the deets, as cba writing it all again hahahaha!)

On 6/17/2023 at 12:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

Was wondering what happened to you for a while. I'm sorry to hear about your split. Relationship endings always hurt, but after 20+ years would be absolutely devastating. I hope you're doing ok.

You know us freaks of nature, oops I mean gamers, will be here for a long time. I'm interested to hear what games you're playing.

Hahahahahaha freaks of nature! id rather be around freaks of nature and fit in, than be around fake peeps and not feel any kind of connection or common ground! 🙂 Also yes mate ill admit, even though the split was my choice, it was a shock to my system, as its all ive know for so long (2 decades wow!) but now im glad i did it, as im me again and able to pursue my likes and do things that make me happy, which wasn't an option for as long as i can remember! 😞 but its all part of my journey mate and has happened for a reason! Life is just a lesson, one which can teach us so much, if we just listen! 🙂 so yeah im getting there now bud, thank you! i hope all is good at your end too and ditto im always here for you guys too, should you need an ear or a shoulder! 🙂 sorry for the late rely, ive been so busy is un believable seriously (see the reply to Shagger above for the deets, as cba writing it all again lol!) Im currently playing The Last Of Us part 1 mate, (it's on my channel!) absolutely awesome story im loving it! I waited 10 years to play this game, as im a pc gamer, so had to wait for the port! what you on with at the min, owt exciting??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

what you on with at the min

As far as gaming it's a bit of a back and forth between RDR2 and Zelda OoT. I love my N64, but RDR2 calls me quite a bit. But with my setup here I can watch TV and play my classic systems as I have 2 TV's set up. I could hook my PS5 for RDR2 to the small TV, but that just wouldn't do the game justice. We also have a 75" TV in the living room, but I spend my time in my home office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

Thank you for your kind word and support R vs A, i really do appreciate it more than you know, especially at the min, sorry about the late reply, but ive so so busy its unreal!! (see above reply to Shagger for the deets, as i cba writing it all again hahahaha) But yeah im getting there now bud thank god! 🙂 and no one will ever take gaming from me, its such a huge part of my life and who i am, soo no danger of that! 🙂

Hell yeah man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2023 at 4:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

As far as gaming it's a bit of a back and forth between RDR2 and Zelda OoT. I love my N64, but RDR2 calls me quite a bit. But with my setup here I can watch TV and play my classic systems as I have 2 TV's set up. I could hook my PS5 for RDR2 to the small TV, but that just wouldn't do the game justice. We also have a 75" TV in the living room, but I spend my time in my home office.

Hahahaha sounds like you've got your setup pretty much figured out lol, and yes totally agree, you cannot play RDR2 on a small TV, that would be sacrilege! 🙂 you could always drag the tiny 75" TV in to your office (put the small one in the living room) then also get a mini fridge in there and your good to go! you would never have to leave your office, well apart from the toilet of course! 🙂 but yeah mate it sounds like you've got a pretty sweet setup, which is awesome, as having you own place to escape and do what you want and that makes you happy, is more important than we realize! also yeah i love the N64 too, but Goldeneye was my go to 64 game, i do like Zelda dont get me wrong, but the time i spent on Goldeneye was more than i care to admit lol Glad your good though Blackangel and like i said previously, im always here should you need a chat too! i might be a bit late in replying sometimes, if im busy that is, but il always reply eventually! 🙂

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Quick question.

What is "CBA"? I'm not familiar with the acronym.

As Shagger kindly pointed out, it means Can't be arsed (cant be bothered), I think it may be more of a UK saying tbh (to be honest lol) but basically I had just written the full description of what had been keeping me so busy, to Shagger, and instead of writing the same thing over and over again, I just referred you all to my reply to Shagger! Lazy much?? hahahaha 

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

 

Can't be arsed.

Thanks for that bud! 🙂 I think its more of a UK saying! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ImmersionGaming22 said:

also get a mini fridge

Too late. I have a minifridge and a microwave in here. I also have a couple cots as well. I have my skull collection as well as my Zippo collection. But like you said, I only have to leave to use the bathroom. If I can figure out a way to turn the closet into a bathroom, then 'll pretty much have a whole apartment in here.

The only thing anyone can do to get me out is to lure me with food. If you can feed me a meal that I like, we're going to be great friends.
I'm a sucker for food. I bet you never met a girl like that before!

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

That's what I thought, but figured I should ask anyway.

Well yeah, as it could quite easily have been something else, like "cloud based algorithm" or "catching baby ants" or even more appropriately "cherish being alive" hahahaha sorry in a silly mood, as going to Alton Towers (theme park) on Saturday, with an old work pal that ive not seen in years, so really excited (like a big kid 🙂 ) living my life again after being so down and depressed for so long, its great! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Too late. I have a minifridge and a microwave in here. I also have a couple cots as well. I have my skull collection as well as my Zippo collection. But like you said, I only have to leave to use the bathroom. If I can figure out a way to turn the closet into a bathroom, then 'll pretty much have a whole apartment in here.

The only thing anyone can do to get me out is to lure me with food. If you can feed me a meal that I like, we're going to be great friends.
I'm a sucker for food. I bet you never met a girl like that before!

Awesome!! mini fridge check, microwave check, awesome gaming setup check! what do you mean by cots?? like baby beds?? so you can put the kids in their cots and know they are ok and safe while you game sort of thing?? or are cots something else to you?? in the UK they are baby beds! 🙂 also Skulls and fire, great mix, Ghost rider would be right at home there lol but yeah mate i love skulls too, in fact anything dark like that, dragons, demons and ghosts anything like that and im happy. Funny enough I also like Zippo's too, I used to collect them back in the 90's but again that's another part of me that faded when I got into my relationship, so who knows I might start collecting them again too! Its little reminders like that, that make me realize just how much of me was lost, just for a quiet life and not to rock to boat, obviously it happened over many years, so was not as apparent to me at the time, but yeah i see it now and can guarantee it will never happen again! I am who i am and i like who i am, as i dont hurt anyone, i just do my own thing, so in future anyone who does not accept me as i am, does not accept me at all, simple as, as im never living my life too please someone else again, at the cost of my own happiness! but enough of the doom and gloom, that's old news now, as im me again and happy again!! 🙂 I also love food again now, i did lose my appetite for years (again down to depression) but now wow there is no stopping me (ive literally just smashed a KFC in about 10 mins ago lol) so yeah ive had to start working out again too, as now im eating good again, ill end up 30 stone if i dont keep myself fit lol And no your right ive not met a girl with all the above traits before in one package, ive known plenty of "gamer chicks" like, but none as dedicated as you!! 🙂 But again mate, if it makes you happy, the dont stop doing it! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...