Register Now

Does anyone here play CS:GO? Do you keep up with latest news on it?

---

About two years ago I was on CS:GO everyday. I recently jumped back in without playing in a long time! Needless to say that was rather interesting. I forgot how much you have to practice to remain at your respective skill level. I use to be up towards the top but now I am rusty. Who else here likes playing a little CS:GO?

I play Counter Strike: Global Offensive everyday. Currently my rank there is Master Guardian Elite. I was going to rank-up but there are a lot of cheaters as well as trollers and griefers. Anyway, I love the game and I really enjoy it.

Edited by Keranov

On 7/22/2018 at 4:30 PM, Aimee Hart said:

It's an incredibly popular game but I'm not sure why? Not because I don't believe it isn't good, but I'm rather ignorant about it. What makes it so replayable? Is it the community? 

Over 50% of the community there is super toxic so this is the last thing which makes it that re-playable. It's the competitive mode and the ranks. When you play more you usually get better and earn higher ranks for it. People aim to become the best players so that's what making the game basically. Also, there are a lot of community servers with a lot of different mods.

Edited by Keranov

Count me in as another player. I'm not the best here and can say that I on'y played 140 hours and if I was to pick an shooting game with action then CS:go is my option. It has it's downs and ups. Like all games you going to get cheaters and the system will never kick them. 

Anyway as I talk they have made an update to the menu and whatnot and improve the graphics! what do you think of that then?  I say that I like it but you have to get used to the new layout 

I play CSGO daily. I'm global and level 8 in faceit.

Looks awesome, and seems like csgo devs are now paying more attention to the users and making more updates weekly. Hopefully we'll get some new interesting maps in the competitive scene (currently they are attempting to do so with the "Austria", "SubZero" and the other map). Got thousands of hours btw 😛

I'm more into CoD so I found CSGO very hard to get into. The lack of ADS and the boring setting makes it feel almost antiquated and just not very fun to play. I'd much rather play any of the newer CoDs or even Titanfall 2 than CSGO. And the lack of any campaign or story just makes me wonder why I should even care about what's going on. There's no real setup and nothing beyond "go shoot everyone with ugly guns". Not my cup of tea and I've never understood the mass appeal of it.

Just now, Alyxx said:

I'm more into CoD so I found CSGO very hard to get into. The lack of ADS and the boring setting makes it feel almost antiquated and just not very fun to play. I'd much rather play any of the newer CoDs or even Titanfall 2 than CSGO. And the lack of any campaign or story just makes me wonder why I should even care about what's going on. There's no real setup and nothing beyond "go shoot everyone with ugly guns". Not my cup of tea and I've never understood the mass appeal of it.

Just to be fair: the hugest difference between CSGO and CoD is precisely that CSGO is not a game with a "history campaign". It is a competitive scene gaming, this means that the cooperation between your team mates and the team-play has a huge impact in the game.

Which probably explains why it's not my cup of tea as I've never been into esports or competitive gaming just for the sake of it. And for me to play a game competitively I need more than what CSGO offers to be interested in it.

I guess as an esport it works but as a game it's just really bland and dull to me. It just feels like the CS series has never evolved past its "counter-terrorists vs terrorists" plot which feels incredibly dated to me.

Edited by Alyxx

1 minute ago, Alyxx said:

Which probably explains why it's not my cup of tea as I've never been into esports or competitive gaming just for the sake of it. And for me to play a game competitively I need more than what CSGO offers to be interested in it.

I guess as an esport it works but as a game it's just really bland and dull to me.

Yep, that seems fair enough 😛 But still, it has also zombie servers and other modes (can't really help you out because I do not play it now in CSGO. Used to play that in CS:S back when I was not a competitive player). But yeah, not a history campaign, and I highly doubt it will have one.

The closest thing to "history campaign" is when Valve releases an operation. But that's more of a mission operation rather than a campaign mode.

Zombie modes tend to be boring and repetitive and L4D already did it better. So I don't see the point. But yeah, this isn't my kind of game so I'm not really the right person to talk about it. What I played of it did not impress me at all anyway.

Edited by Alyxx

To be honest, I've never played the video game. I've heard a lot about it on discussions boards but only recently have I started researching reviews and the best places to buy a digital copy. I have decided I want to purchase a copy for my PC, would anyone here mind telling me the minimum specifications requirements for a Laptop Windows Based x64? Want to make sure my computer will be able to handle it first. 

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Storage: 15 GB available space

On 1/3/2019 at 7:16 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

To be honest, I've never played the video game. I've heard a lot about it on discussions boards but only recently have I started researching reviews and the best places to buy a digital copy. I have decided I want to purchase a copy for my PC, would anyone here mind telling me the minimum specifications requirements for a Laptop Windows Based x64? Want to make sure my computer will be able to handle it first. 

Copied directly from the steam page. Unless your laptop is as slow as my microwave, you should be fine. It is one of the least intensive games I know on Steam that are fun to play.