Register Now
Kennysplash

What console did you start gaming with?

I started with the Sega Genesis myself! Though that model pictured didn't come out until 1993, however it's the model I got when I was 8 years old. My cousins had the model 1 and it was the first console I ever played too since they brought it over to my grandparent's house. I actually own four of them currently and a decent clone console too.

I started with the NES and I had Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. Me and my dad used to play them all the time. I also got a track and field game after that with a mat. After that he got me the Sega Genesis and SNES - Good times!

I remember this very well and it was a console that my dad had and kept for years. The Atari VCS 2600 was the first console that I started gaming with. I always remember me and my brother spending ages on the console before we finally got a Sega Master System for Christmas. 

I can still remember spending my money in buying the PlayStation 2. I have seen kids in the streets play on the console, and I said to myself that I am going to get one for myself. It was a happy day when I finally did it, too.

On 5/23/2024 at 5:10 AM, Knight Barida said:

I can still remember spending my money in buying the PlayStation 2. I have seen kids in the streets play on the console, and I said to myself that I am going to get one for myself. It was a happy day when I finally did it, too.

You got that feeling too? Before my dad bought the PS 2 I used to play at at the game house with money. The excitement I had when we eventually had it in our house was heavenly. 

On 5/26/2024 at 12:59 PM, Kennysplash said:

You got that feeling too? Before my dad bought the PS 2 I used to play at at the game house with money. The excitement I had when we eventually had it in our house was heavenly. 

The PlayStation 2 sold a lot of copies as a result of how popular it was back then. The only console that is coming close to that is the PlayStation 5 at the moment.