Jump to content
Register Now
Heatman

Have you ever had a serious illness?

Recommended Posts

Personally, I don't use to fall sick very often. I might stay 1 year and just fall sick once or not at all. But when it comes to the most serious illness I've had, it would be measles around 15 years ago. It nearly killed me.

Have you ever had a serious illness?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I caught pneumonia when I was only 2 weeks old. The doctor actually told my parents that if I didn't start showing some improvement soon that he was putting me in the hospital. I was knocking on death's door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I caught pneumonia when I was only 2 weeks old. The doctor actually told my parents that if I didn't start showing some improvement soon that he was putting me in the hospital. I was knocking on death's door.

I was actually in the hospital for like 2 months but came around when he correctly diagnosed me with Pneumonia. The doctor I went to previously was diagnosing me with asthma and surprise, surprise - my health kept deteriorating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just a few weeks back, I was suffering from dengue. I had high fever of 106 degree F for straight 5-6 days. I was hospitalized as I got so weak that I fainted multiple times. That's the only serious illness I've had so far.

Edited by Debashis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2024 at 1:26 AM, Debashis said:

Just a few weeks back, I was suffering from dengue. I had high fever of 106 degree F for straight 5-6 days. I was hospitalized as I got so weak that I fainted multiple times. That's the only serious illness I've had so far.

Glad to hear your okay, mate. You should probably get some Beet Root to help rebuild your vitality and build up your blood again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2024 at 2:30 AM, killamch89 said:

I had pneumonia once and I had some unknown illness that nearly killed me as well.

Damn it pneumonia. This is a very serious illness if you don't take it up with medical treatment immediately. My junior brother nearly died from it as well when he was 17 years old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2024 at 4:06 AM, Heatman said:

Damn it pneumonia. This is a very serious illness if you don't take it up with medical treatment immediately. My junior brother nearly died from it as well when he was 17 years old. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I nearly died from it as well as I was being misdiagnosed with Asthma and wasn't getting the proper treatment. It's not until my parents took me to another doctor who correctly diagnosed me that I was able to get the proper treatment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2024 at 1:37 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I nearly died from it as well as I was being misdiagnosed with Asthma and wasn't getting the proper treatment. It's not until my parents took me to another doctor who correctly diagnosed me that I was able to get the proper treatment.

Damn! Imagine someone dying as a result of wrong medication. It's horrible!! This is why making sure to use a hospital that knows what they are doing because millions of people die everyday as a result of bad medication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 11:27 AM, Heatman said:

Damn! Imagine someone dying as a result of wrong medication. It's horrible!! This is why making sure to use a hospital that knows what they are doing because millions of people die everyday as a result of bad medication. 

Exactly. Medicines when used as intended, will do its job most times. However, when the wrong medicine is being administered, then it becomes a toxin and creates more problems in the body.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly. Medicines when used as intended, will do its job most times. However, when the wrong medicine is being administered, then it becomes a toxin and creates more problems in the body.

Right words on POISON ☠!! 

In this type of situation, the person is going to be faced with a lot of chemical reaction that the body is not supposed to be passing through in that kind of health condition which speeds up the person's death. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say that I have had too many serious illnesses but I have had a few over the years. Back in 2010, I remember becoming very unwell just a week or so before Christmas, it was the same year we got snowed in and I fell ill with a fever, sore throat and a bad cough. Sleeping was difficult due to the cough and also the pain of my sore throat and eventually I had to go to the doctors to get help, turned out I had a severe chest and throat infection and it was lucky I got the help when I did. 

Back in 2018 I got the flu and it was a pretty bad case of the flu, I was ill for over a week not able to do anything I would have done normally. 

Back last year I ended up very ill in May, sort throat, aches, and a few other issues that I had to get help for and the last time I was seriously unwell, was last year in October when I caught COVID. I was unwell for around a week and lost my sense of taste for around 3 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...