Jump to content
Register Now
killamch89

Is Keeping an Open Mind Always Beneficial or Can It Lead to Issues?

Recommended Posts

I've always heard that keeping an open mind is a virtue, but I'm curious if it can sometimes cause problems. Are there situations where being too open-minded can lead to negative consequences, like being easily influenced or losing a sense of identity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An open mind is a great thing, but it can also easily lead to becoming a victim. If you’re too open minded, it can lead to you being used and abused by people you thought cared about you because you gave the an undeserved benefit of the doubt.

There is too much of a good thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

An open mind is a great thing, but it can also easily lead to becoming a victim. If you’re too open minded, it can lead to you being used and abused by people you thought cared about you because you gave the an undeserved benefit of the doubt.

There is too much of a good thing.

There's a saying in Daoism that balance is essential to everything in life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My sister is experiencing mental health issues including feeling paranoid all the time.

You see, social workers know she's pregant. She had a real barmy years ago to do with her other kids. The social gets off on lying about people. The courts are a joke in Scotland. I've had dealings with them myself.

Her ex partner cheated on her this year and even admitted their son was put up for adoption. But I did tell her not to go back to him. This is the crap someone is in for if you fall for a man's false act.

Edited by Knight Plug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest, I would rather want someone that I am dealing with to be honest with me. Tell me what exactly is the issue instead of keeping quiet on me. That is exactly how I would want to build relationships with people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being open-minded is not a bad thing and is very much beneficial but there are times when having an open mind could lead to some issues. 

I have always been afraid myself to have too much of an open mind as you never know how people could react or how they will treat you going forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2024 at 8:06 PM, Knight Plug said:

This is the crap someone is in for if you fall for a man's false act.

Trust me women are often a lot more deceitful. With men, you know immediately what they're after. Sex. With women, it's much more difficult to tell when you're being played. We don't go in strictly for sex the way men do. So there's no telling what a woman is going to do to you to manipulate you for what she wants. But considering that my tits and pussy are all men in my past have ever seen, I have no use for them. Girls you can keep them men all for yourself. I'll stick with women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think most of the escorts on removed by moderator are fake, and have a bad attitude. From those sites being amok with scammers to just delusional spring daisies having a mean-spirited demeanor, or findom dommes wanting simps to play sugar daddy for them, it's gotten to be a waste of time looking for intimacy online. Even a lot of dating sites are known for their various frauds and carrot dangling tactics.

Edited by Shagger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well yeah, being open-minded doesn't mean you automatically believe anything you're told. It just means you're willing to consider anything, and willing to entertain any idea - but then, you apply the proper scrutiny fairly to all ideas. 

Basically, you should be open-minded - but not so open-minded that your brain falls out 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2024 at 1:33 PM, Knight Plug said:

I think most of the escorts on removed by moderator are fake, and have a bad attitude. From those sites being amok with scammers to just delusional spring daisies having a mean-spirited demeanor, or findom dommes wanting simps to play sugar daddy for them, it's gotten to be a waste of time looking for intimacy online. Even a lot of dating sites are known for their various frauds and carrot dangling tactics.

What are you talking about?

On 7/13/2024 at 4:23 PM, Kyng said:

Well yeah, being open-minded doesn't mean you automatically believe anything you're told. It just means you're willing to consider anything, and willing to entertain any idea - but then, you apply the proper scrutiny fairly to all ideas. 

Basically, you should be open-minded - but not so open-minded that your brain falls out 😛

Fantastic point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...