Register Now
DC

Share your VGR experience!

You may use this thread to share your VGR experience. This may include telling us how VGR has helped you become a better gamer, or how the forum has helped you in some other way. You may also use this thread to give appreciation to specific members and staff.

I like this place because it's open to everything video game related. Also another selling point for me, is that it's a fairly small community. There's not 100,000 people going nuts here, so the conversations carry more weight and stay more interesting. The site is pretty lenient towards letting people be people (for example, language use), so it's a relaxing place to talk.

5 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Had an email from VGR telling me to reset my password. Just making sure it's legit?

For the forum or for Wordpress? If from Wordpress, it is legitimate. We sent out a password reset to all of our current and former authors.

1 minute ago, DC said:

For the forum or for Wordpress? If from Wordpress, it is legitimate. We sent out a password reset to all of our current and former authors.

Ah, it appears to be for Wordpress on closer inspection. Good to know it's legit. Thanks for the quick response!

6 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Not sure why, but when I logged in today my profle pic had changed to a default one containing my first initial. I’ve changed it now. Just wondering if there’s any reason for this?

Thanks. We upgraded the forum software this morning and it looks like a few settings were lost. Please let me know if you discover anything else missing/changed. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, DC said:

Thanks. We upgraded the forum software this morning and it looks like a few settings were lost. Please let me know if you discover anything else missing/changed. Thanks.

Ok, thanks for the quick response!

On 3/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

I like this place because it's open to everything video game related. Also another selling point for me, is that it's a fairly small community. There's not 100,000 people going nuts here, so the conversations carry more weight and stay more interesting. The site is pretty lenient towards letting people be people (for example, language use), so it's a relaxing place to talk.

Same answer as you. This place is more quiet and I like how we all have something in common.

Honestly I enjoy it. It has a good simple layout, a easy posting textbox and a good user face that makes finding and creating easy. The community is far less toxic than Resetera (to be fair, that's quite a low bar to cross) and the moderation has been very calm and rational which is a nice change of pace. My primary problem however would probably be the point system and reward system in general, but I've discussed that in other threads so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Something interesting I did notice was the size of a moderation team, there's only around three people on it. While it'll keep the team consistent and better regulated, I am curious on it's growth and how the forum's growth will affect it. I mean you can't exactly regulate 20,000 accounts with only three people.

Something that I do like seeing more of is DC's contests, it's nice to have some extra activities that are able to be done. It helps keep the site interesting and creative. I hope DC keeps bringing in more threads like Trick Or Treat, it's a nice change of pace.

DC is trying his best to keep VGR busy and interesting. It will be hard to find VGR less fun, anytime I'm here, I find new enticing threads to comment on. The bid for reward is there, admin gift users here free games just for posting around the forums. You can't see this kind of feature rampant in other communities. My experience here in the past 365 has been tremendous, and I'll be for a very long time. 

47 minutes ago, Techno said:

Honestly I enjoy it. It has a good simple layout, a easy posting textbox and a good user face that makes finding and creating easy. The community is far less toxic than Resetera (to be fair, that's quite a low bar to cross) and the moderation has been very calm and rational which is a nice change of pace. My primary problem however would probably be the point system and reward system in general, but I've discussed that in other threads so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Something interesting I did notice was the size of a moderation team, there's only around three people on it. While it'll keep the team consistent and better regulated, I am curious on it's growth and how the forum's growth will affect it. I mean you can't exactly regulate 20,000 accounts with only three people.

Something that I do like seeing more of is DC's contests, it's nice to have some extra activities that are able to be done. It helps keep the site interesting and creative. I hope DC keeps bringing in more threads like Trick Or Treat, it's a nice change of pace.

The intention of the new contests are to offer additional ways for members to earn points.

We had two additional moderators, but they did not work out for a variety of reasons. We will be looking to add at least one new moderator by the end of 2022, but we are going to take our time in identifying and vetting potential candidates. I have your interest notated from our previous conversations.