Register Now
Jayson

Atari and Sega Flashback

Anyone played them? I've tried the Sega Flashback, but I didn't really like it too much. I mean, some of the few good games are Chess, the Sonic Series, and Sonic Spinball.  Anyway, though, this is to be expected as the graphics and challenges are very primitive.

The flashback consoles made by AtGames have not been impressive. Clunky user interface, bad wireless controllers, and poor emulation. To put it simply, they're cheap, and they don't have the same level of care or quality as the NES/SNES Classic consoles.

However, Sega is developing a new mini Genesis console, seemingly in-house, so maybe that one could be good.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Alyxx said:

I own one of the Flashback consoles. It's alright but not what I would call the same thing as playing an actual Atari VCS.

Yeah, definitely I want to play the Atari Flashback. I mean, I grew up in the 80s and one of my favorite games was Pitfall Harry.  It would be fun to tackle that again!

On 7/17/2018 at 2:29 AM, ApolloVI said:

The flashback consoles made by AtGames have not been impressive. Clunky user interface, bad wireless controllers, and poor emulation. To put it simply, they're cheap, and they don't have the same level of care or quality as the NES/SNES Classic consoles.

However, Sega is developing a new mini Genesis console, seemingly in-house, so maybe that one could be good.

That should be worth a look!

58 minutes ago, Jayson said:

Yeah, definitely I want to play the Atari Flashback. I mean, I grew up in the 80s and one of my favorite games was Pitfall Harry.  It would be fun to tackle that again!

That should be worth a look!

I'd say the Atari Flashback consoles are alright for just revisiting old classics on a big screen but Atari is so easy to emulate these days that you don't really need one for that.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, Alyxx said:

I'd say the Atari Flashback consoles are alright for just revisiting old classics on a big screen but Atari is so easy to emulate these days that you don't really need one for that.

What do you mean?  I think you mean putting Atari - probably all the games  - on a Nintendo disc or something.  Well, that's been done for Super Mario Bros games, the original ones.  In fact, that's called Super Mario All Stars.

6 hours ago, Jayson said:

What do you mean?  I think you mean putting Atari - probably all the games  - on a Nintendo disc or something.  Well, that's been done for Super Mario Bros games, the original ones.  In fact, that's called Super Mario All Stars.

No I mean running an emulator on a PC or an Android device and downloading games from the internet (which is legal if you own the original cartridge). There's a few really good Atari 2600 emulators and finding games is easy with a simple google search.

But the Flashback console is fun since it packages some games into a neat plug'n'play device and makes it simpler for people who aren't familiar with emulators.

18 hours ago, Alyxx said:

No I mean running an emulator on a PC or an Android device and downloading games from the internet (which is legal if you own the original cartridge). There's a few really good Atari 2600 emulators and finding games is easy with a simple google search.

Atari stuff is so old, lol, probably there is no copyright.  Anyway, I was joking there, but really, these games are so simple, like bugs compared to dinosaurs.  Who are we kidding?

I have a Sega Genesis, and have enjoyed playing it a lot. I have some good games. I enjoy the hell out of it. I also have both of the gen1 and gen2 Sega models. I'll post a stock image of both of them after I post my games list.

Beavis & Butthead
Clue
Galahad
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Jurassic Park
Pinocchio
Pitfall The Mayan Adventure
Risky Woods
Shining In The Darkness
Sonic 1,2
Sonic & Knuckles
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition
Sub-Terrania
Tinhead
Toy Story

6.jpg

7.jpe

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a Sega Genesis, and have enjoyed playing it a lot. I have some good games. I enjoy the hell out of it. I also have both of the gen1 and gen2 Sega models. I'll post a stock image of both of them after I post my games list.

Beavis & Butthead
Clue
Galahad
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Jurassic Park
Pinocchio
Pitfall The Mayan Adventure
Risky Woods
Shining In The Darkness
Sonic 1,2
Sonic & Knuckles
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition
Sub-Terrania
Tinhead
Toy Story

6.jpg

7.jpe

Seriously, the SEGA consoles offered a great deal of games back then which were so unique in their own way. 

Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition was a very good one we took turns to play back then with my friends. 

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've got Beavis & Butthead on both Sega and SNES, and I have to say that the Sega version is leaps and bounds better than the SNES version. In every way it's a better game. There's not a lot of games that were released on both systems that I would say that about, but B&B is definitely one.

Yeah of course, Sega version was far way more better than SNES version. It was crystal clear with how most Sega games turned out to be.