Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

11 minutes ago, Jayson said:

Wow. That's amazing!  My preference, the Nintendo line, appears to be the last choice among gamers!  Anyway, I knew PC were popular - but I didn't know that PlayStation was the only console to remotely challenge it!

That challenge has died quite recently with the fact that Sony has been found to be censoring games from Japanese developers, even more so than Steam and the freaking Nintendo Switch XD

On 12/18/2018 at 3:28 PM, UleTheVee said:

That challenge has died quite recently with the fact that Sony has been found to be censoring games from Japanese developers, even more so than Steam and the freaking Nintendo Switch XD

Wow. PC is the best - consoles are for the rest. Consoles are the ones that have taken a beating since the rise of PC gaming in the late 2000s.

58 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Wow. PC is the best - consoles are for the rest. Consoles are the ones that have taken a beating since the rise of PC gaming in the late 2000s.

Yep, it definitely shows that Switch and PC are starting to become the strongest in the world

41 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

PC can't be overtaken again. The capabilities of even the most moderate of pc setups blow any console out of the water.

Yes, but building them has still been a complicated issue for some. Even as streamlined as it is. Like I said multiple times, what people hate the most is working for their entertainment

On 12/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, UleTheVee said:

Yes, but building them has still been a complicated issue for some. Even as streamlined as it is. Like I said multiple times, what people hate the most is working for their entertainment

You are right. It is a bit frustrating building a PC especially when you are just learning how to but the feeling you get when you finished building the machine and see your creation come to life. It feels like you've won the lottery!

On 12/29/2018 at 11:53 AM, Alyxx said:

PC gaming might be daunting for some people but it's definitely more popular than ever.

Yeah. Back in the days, PC gaming was way behind console gaming like in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn't until 2010 onwards we started to see a drastic growth in PC gamers.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah. Back in the days, PC gaming was way behind console gaming like in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn't until 2010 onwards we started to see a drastic growth in PC gamers.

Which is funny to me seeing as I grew up as a PC gamer and PC was always way ahead of consoles in terms of graphics back in those days. Even more so than today, I'm talking looking a generation or two better than consoles of the time.

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Which is funny to me seeing as I grew up as a PC gamer and PC was always way ahead of consoles in terms of graphics back in those days. Even more so than today, I'm talking looking a generation or two better than consoles of the time.

You guys should see the Silent Hill 3 PC port. It was one of the most advanced PC ports of all time despite being released in the early 2000's

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

You guys should see the Silent Hill 3 PC port. It was one of the most advanced PC ports of all time despite being released in the early 2000's

And in the 90's, hardware accelerated graphics cards like the 3DFX ones helped PC games literally look a generation ahead compared to console games, particularly the PS1 and N64 titles. Like, the gap was far bigger than it is today. Especially when looking at Doom which came out in 1993 and barely any consoles of the time could play the game as well as it did on PC.

16 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah, it has always been that way although the gap has narrowed somewhat but still can't match the most powerful of gaming desktop builds even 5 years back.

3 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I'll check it out.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it has always been that way although the gap has narrowed somewhat but still can't match the most powerful of gaming desktop builds even 5 years back.

I'll check it out.

I mean, you don't need to, you can check this video I made showcasing SH3's abilities.

The game can be played 1080p 60FPS without any issue.

PC for gaming is getting more popular because the current generation does not want to spend more money on consoles and the handheld devices. If possible they want to either play it on mobile or the PC. And so PC seems to be getting more share of the gaming industry every single year. Because no new consoles have made any impact in the industry.