Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

PC can be used for gaming, it all really depends what game you want to play and if your pc can run it. You can custome built your PC to be capable of running modern console games even better than consoles, even today the market is flodded pre built gaming computers and laptops. As for the controller you can just plug in whatever controller you want and use it to play games on your pc as long as its through a USB port. I agree @skyfire its not an opinion, Its a Fact, PCs are better than consoles in all hardware and software aspects. The only exception is the price, PC gaming is expensive, games on pc are usually cheap but a good PC meant for gaming can cost you around 1000 dollars depending on the specifications, unlike a console that can cost you between 300-500 dollars. So the reason why gaming on PC is less popular is because of the price.
Im a console player and always has been but thats only because I cannot afford a good gaming pc.

Bravo. Well explained. Also well understood. But honestly I can't be buying a PC just because of gaming purposes. From your explanation, PC is better and can be upgraded to your gaming standard and you can also get your preferred controller that has USB. I understand all of this but me personally can't purchase a PC for the purpose of gaming, not because of the price but because playing video games on my laptop regularly would kill the battery life span. 

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

People have got choice and we should respect them for that. There is no big deal when we take a look at the fact that we all play games on these devices for fun.

That's why am not condemning PC for gaming. I understand people's choices varies. Console is my choice and I respect PC gamers too. From experience is the reason why I stopped gaming on PC. Also because I have other important things that I use my PC for and I actually purchased the PC because of these important things so i wouldn't jeopardize it by gaming on my PC.

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

That thing is debatable. You can have cheaper PC where the console compete and are better than PC. But then if the PC is expensive build for gamers then console is not what you go for.

Agree

13 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Bravo. Well explained. Also well understood. But honestly I can't be buying a PC just because of gaming purposes. From your explanation, PC is better and can be upgraded to your gaming standard and you can also get your preferred controller that has USB. I understand all of this but me personally can't purchase a PC for the purpose of gaming, not because of the price but because playing video games on my laptop regularly would kill the battery life span. 

Thank you. Yes just because PC is better it doesnt mean its more convenient, it really depends on the user. For example if I had a 1000 dollars to spend on a gaming system, instead of buying a 1000 dollar PC I would much rather buy a 300-500 dollar console and spent the rest on videogames.

15 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

That's why am not condemning PC for gaming. I understand people's choices varies. Console is my choice and I respect PC gamers too. From experience is the reason why I stopped gaming on PC. Also because I have other important things that I use my PC for and I actually purchased the PC because of these important things so i wouldn't jeopardize it by gaming on my PC.

That is true, but I know that there are a lot of PC made for the purpose of gaming. They have better memory space and stronger batteries that you will be tempted to play games on it. However, if you use your PC for official purposes, playing games on it might look odd.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes that is the case and there are many such devices which don't have games installed on them.

That's right. The point is that, if one has got a console, then there is no major need for installing games on the PC. Unless you are not home most times and want to play at work. 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Knight Barida said:

That is true, but I know that there are a lot of PC made for the purpose of gaming. They have better memory space and stronger batteries that you will be tempted to play games on it. However, if you use your PC for official purposes, playing games on it might look odd.

You nailed it. My PC is more of official purposes so I wouldn't consider gaming on my PC.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:58 PM, kingpotato said:

Agree

Thank you. Yes just because PC is better it doesnt mean its more convenient, it really depends on the user. For example if I had a 1000 dollars to spend on a gaming system, instead of buying a 1000 dollar PC I would much rather buy a 300-500 dollar console and spent the rest on videogames.

This is another advantage of gaming on console instead of PC. Spending less to get a console and using the remaining to buy video games.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, skyfire said:

That thing is debatable. You can have cheaper PC where the console compete and are better than PC. But then if the PC is expensive build for gamers then console is not what you go for.

Well debatable or not, I have my favourite already which is console. Everyone can't love gaming on PC that's why.