Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

On 3/13/2022 at 3:56 AM, Knight Barida said:

That's great. Just focus on what works for you while letting the rest of us figure out how to solve ours.

Exactly. Playing video games on console is better for me. My laptop is for official purposes and I can't game on it. I mean why should I when I have a gaming console.

Looking through this thread, and I see a number of arguments in favour of PC's stating the cost of consoles and having a PC as a gaming device and utility all in one, and to me that makes no sense.

First, the traditional desktop PC as a utility has no right to exist anymore. Tablets, laptops and even phones are capable these days in terms of web browsing, word processing and all that one would typically need out of such devices. Even offices don't use them anymore, it's all servers with monitors and peripherals attached at workstations. You don't need a PC to do any of this stuff. A laptop that is, at the most, a third of the price of even a cheap gaming laptop is all anyone needs a utility. It doesn't make sense for anyone buy a PC to do anything other than game on it these days, and why not? With the right parts, a PC is a fantastic gaming platform, but not without it's flaws.

Brining me on to part two of this little rant, the cost. As explained, the desktop PC as a utility is worthless these days, that adds no value to the platform at all, so your spending what is significantly more money to have a great gaming experience, and that's it. I will testify to anyone that PC's do indeed offer a better experience than a console, but is really 4-5 times better for 4-5 times the money? Honestly, I'd say no. You can buy a console to play games on and a cheap laptop as a utility and still have spent less than half the money to buy or build a gaming PC with similar performance.

There's a big difference between cost and value, a difference I see a lot of PC fanboys in particular don't seem to grasp. Value is self defined, just because you consider something worth the expense, that's not true of everyone. People can debate the value of something all they want, but it's futile in the end and nobody can technically be wrong as everyone defines thier own view on what is valuable and what is not. Cost is different. Cost is not open to debate, it is what you expend in exchange for something. It's a simple, straight up fact, and that fact is PC gaming costs more, it's that simple. That's why saying consoles are costly in this debate simply doesn't work. If you already have a capable gaming rig, then it's fair for you to say a console is not worth it to you, but that doesn't mean they are expensive, at least not compared to the arbitrary luxury that is a Gaming PC. And it is an arbitrary luxury, be honest. You did not built you gaming rig with a $1000 graphics card to work as a home office or study. You just didn't.

In the end, everyone has the right to define and decide what suits themselves best when choosing gaming hardware. If you get upset that others don't find your platform of choice is best for them, then it's time to seriously grow up.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

No problem. PC is better than console that I have accepted. But my favourite is console. I can't have a console and still be playing video games on PC.

Just pulling your leg take it in that spirit.

15 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Exactly. Playing video games on console is better for me. My laptop is for official purposes and I can't game on it. I mean why should I when I have a gaming console.

Some actually plays games on both the console and the PC depending on where they are. It's a choice that they've made about their gaming lifestyle. 

5 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Some actually plays games on both the console and the PC depending on where they are. It's a choice that they've made about their gaming lifestyle. 

Well that's true, i know some gamers who played video games on both their console and PC. But from what o know they have few games installed on their PC their main gaming is also on console like me.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Just pulling your leg take it in that spirit.

Lol. You're lucky you're far away from me, would have challenged you in one of your favourite video games. I wouldn't mind playing on your favourite PC as long as your PC have controller.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Lol. You're lucky you're far away from me, would have challenged you in one of your favourite video games. I wouldn't mind playing on your favourite PC as long as your PC have controller.

I mostly play Puzzle, or RPG or even the horror if my mood is there. But mostly puzzle, and art based genre games I play. I am kind of getting old to play the typical shooter games like getting bored easily lately.

5 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I mostly play Puzzle, or RPG or even the horror if my mood is there. But mostly puzzle, and art based genre games I play. I am kind of getting old to play the typical shooter games like getting bored easily lately.

Okay. Puzzle is cool though. That means you're loosing interest in shooting games, well it's normal. As times goes there are some video games we do play regularly that we will get tired of. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:25 AM, Prof elohstar said:

Okay. Puzzle is cool though. That means you're loosing interest in shooting games, well it's normal. As times goes there are some video games we do play regularly that we will get tired of. 

Yes I used to play a lot of shooter and with time I have reduced on that and moved to puzzle, platformer, RPG and simple games.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:20 AM, skyfire said:

Yes I used to play a lot of shooter and with time I have reduced on that and moved to puzzle, platformer, RPG and simple games.

All good. As long as you're finding joy in your choice of video games and it also makes you relax well then it's all good.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:41 PM, Justin11 said:

Shooting games wouldn't see low interest any time soon when it comes to video games. It will always attract gamers who love action - adventure games. 

Shooting games I think attracts gamers more than any other games, I might be wrong though. 

6 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Shooting games I think attracts gamers more than any other games, I might be wrong though. 

You aren't wrong bro, shooting it's at the peak of it's all. I love shooting games, the sound of the guns and other powerful weapons triggers good feelings.