Register Now
MeowsePad

Why is PC less popular?

On 4/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I haven't had a laptop last longer than 4 years since the very first one I ever got way back in the mists of time. Consoles on the other hand seem to have very long lifespans. Their value over time is excellent.

It depends on what kind of machines you buy - with Laptops, they tend to break down around the 4-5 year mark. With Desktops especially ones you built yourself, they tend to last way longer. Btw, I loved your article on PC gaming - it was well written with very valid points.

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The thing about Laptops in particular is that they tend to get moved around allot.  So they are more likely to get damaged on that aspect than a home console or desktop PC witch tend to be stationary most of the time.

That's the point. Only desktop PC can be comparable to consoles to some extent when talking about durability.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:34 AM, MeowsePad said:

Why is PC less popular than console gaming?

I would say that PC gaming is superior to console gaming in every way. A PC is much more powerful than console, and it can thus play games much more smoothly with better graphics. PCs can also be used for far more than just gaming, so you only have to buy one machine rather than buying one machine for gaming and another for productivity.

PC gaming is not less popular than console gaming. It's more of gamers knowing more about the platform they are playing less than the one they are not playing on. PC offer a lot more when it comes to gaming, even being a console gamer, I do understand that very well. Games modding on PC is awesome unlike for consoles. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:51 PM, killamch89 said:

It depends on what kind of machines you buy - with Laptops, they tend to break down around the 4-5 year mark. With Desktops especially ones you built yourself, they tend to last way longer. Btw, I loved your article on PC gaming - it was well written with very valid points.

I have never been a fan of playing with my Laptop because it's not really a PC for me when it comes to gaming. You're right about its duration of breakdown. 

I am not sure it it is appropriate to conclude that PC gaming is less popular. In fact, I see more people playing on PC compared to playing with Consoles. People have specific taste for gaming.