Register Now
JennyorAlice

Favorite console from Nintendo?

SNES is my fave Nintendo console. So many fond memories playing the classics like Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, StarWing etc growing up. Awesome that it had 2 controllers out of the box (much like the Switch does now). I think my favourite game is Super Mario World but it changes from time to time. I spent an inordinate amount of time playing SNES instead of playing outside like most other whippersnappers. What's everyone else's fave Nintendo consoles/fave games?

Edited by DylanC

I'd have to say that of what I've tried, the Wii is the best because it's more modern.  However, though, if I had tried Wii U, there's a good chance I would like it the same or better.

OK, I might even like the Switch even more than those, but maybe not.   I mean, the Switch games might be too weird!

Edited by Jayson

I loved Duck Hunt and Ninja Turtle and what not so I loved the original Nintendo. There's something about being able to take your game and okay it anywhere you go though, like we do with mobile phones. It's comforting and I like to drown out the world. So I think I'm going to have to say Gameboy takes the cake for me.

The N64 and Gameboy Colour were my childhood.

N64 for summers at home, our living room had a sliding door that lead out to the pool. So having friends over for a swim in Summer, and running inside for some Super Smash, or Goldeneye, or Mario Party. They are some of my best memories. Also, constantly playing Pokemon Yellow, Red, Blue, Gold and Silver on Gameboy.

The N64 and the GameCube both are my favourites, but if I had to chose one, it would be the GameCube. I just loved the immense jump when it comes to graphics - and when I look at them now, I still think they're very breathtaking. Everything looks shiny and detailed, I love it so much!

Also, a lot of my favourite games are on that console. Mario Kart Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride, Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, Windwaker, the two Pikmin games and many more. The library of the GC also was just massive in my eyes, and all the games were of really high quality and have a high replay value.

When it comes to the N64, I still love the games, but yeah... A lot of them feel really awkward. Especially Mario Kart and the original Smash Bros are really weird to control. But else, I really enjoy Super Mario 64 (well, who doesn't), Kirby 64, the two Zelda games and a few others. But well, most of those games already got remakes and besides Majoras Mask and Super Mario 64 I tend to only play the remakes.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:20 AM, DylanC said:

SNES is my fave Nintendo console. So many fond memories playing the classics like Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, StarWing etc growing up. Awesome that it had 2 controllers out of the box (much like the Switch does now). I think my favourite game is Super Mario World but it changes from time to time. I spent an inordinate amount of time playing SNES instead of playing outside like most other whippersnappers. What's everyone else's fave Nintendo consoles/fave games?

Between SNES, N64, GBA and the gamecube. I remember Mario 64, Golden Eye and Mario Go-kart for the N64 and pokemon sapphire and ruby on my GBA. Top Gear was my favorite racing game on the SNES along with Killer Instinct while the gamecube it was Smash Brothers Melee.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, Darth Maul said:

Might be the 3DS for me because of Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc. The Switch will eventually take its place when Pokemon 2019 and Animal Crossing are released. 

I have a brand new 3DS sitting at home that I bought for my cousin many years ago but he never wanted it and I haven't really found it all that appealing.

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It will be the Wii for me, I have a modded Wii at home with NES, SNES, Genesis, Game boy advance, Game cube and of course Wii games, I love the fact that I can add all my favorite nostalgia games into one system.

How did you mod your Wii exactly? Is there an online tutorial?