Register Now
Keranov

Toxic communities?

Which video games do you think have the most "toxic community"?

I'm going to vote for Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Dead by Daylight. In CS:GO there are always players who dont't give a damn about what is actually happening with the game and only insult you for nothing. In Dead by Daylight when the survivors lose they also start to insult in the chat.

Off the top of my head, CS:GO, League Of Legends and Dark Souls have pretty toxic communities, but honestly, if you look hard enough, you'll find trolls in all gaming communities. Empty vessels make the loudest noise, so I just try to ignore them tbh.

3 hours ago, Techno said:

From what I've seen the Minecraft community is a lot more toxic then people give it credit for. Like they constantly agree and bicker over the smallest things.

I have been running away from Minecraft ever since I first got into playing the game just once and I'm surprised it's community can be toxic too. 

12 hours ago, Techno said:

From what I've seen the Minecraft community is a lot more toxic then people give it credit for. Like they constantly agree and bicker over the smallest things.

I never dared to enter that gaming community of Minecraft for any reason whatsoever because I know very well that I won't last in it. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I never dared to enter that gaming community of Minecraft for any reason whatsoever because I know very well that I won't last in it. 

It's a game that I barely play, so I don't see the need to spend even one moment in their community. It's not going to do me any good. 

WoW was always as toxic as Chernobyl. People got fucking insane in it. The very first time I played it, I hadn't even been signed in for two minutes and some asshole tried to challenge me to a duel. When I refused it, he started talking so much shit, that I just signed out. I went back the next day, and didn't see him, but I heard he was talking nonstop shit about me. A couple of people did stick up for me telling him off, but it apparently didn't phase him. I didn't even know how to make my character walk yet. That's how new I was to the game. After about a month and a half of playing it, and constantly getting harassed for being a n00b, I simply said "fuck this" and shut down my account.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, The Blackangel said:

WoW was always as toxic as Chernobyl. People got fucking insane in it. The very first time I played it, I hadn't even been signed in for two minutes and some asshole tried to challenge me to a duel. When I refused it, he started talking so much shit, that I just signed out. I went back the next day, and didn't see him, but I heard he was talking nonstop shit about me. A couple of people did stick up for me telling him off, but it apparently didn't phase him. I didn't even know how to make my character walk yet. That's how new I was to the game. After about a month and a half of playing it, and constantly getting harassed for being a n00b, I simply said "fuck this" and shut down my account.

Seriously, they take pride in doing that kind of shit to newbies. Maybe they got the same treatment when they joined and they are giving it back to the next one in line. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:49 PM, The Blackangel said:

The gamer really needed some of his own medicine. If I was in the mood at the time, I'm definitely going to give it to him so hot he wouldn't know what hit him. 

On 2/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, Techno said:

I just thought up of more communities, Roblox has a pedo problem, the entire Playstation twitter community has been really toxic recently. And the COD fan base is at the point of a civil war.

I actually saw that coming with the Call of Duty fan base as it really getting nasty and out of hands. Even the Battlefield fan base isn't good too. 

I've seen videos and reports of COD games getting fucking nuts. Seasoned players seem to absolutely hate n00bs. Everyone was a n00b at some point to a game. You're not going to be perfect at a game the first time you play it. You're going to hit the wrong buttons due to trying to figure out how to play, and people need to ease the fuck off.

@Rain Dew is actually having an issue with another gamer in FF14 right now. I won't get into any details. I'll leave that up to her if she wants to discuss it or not. But suffice it to say, it's getting pretty ugly.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I've seen videos and reports of COD games getting fucking nuts. Seasoned players seem to absolutely hate n00bs. Everyone was a n00b at some point to a game. You're not going to be perfect at a game the first time you play it. You're going to hit the wrong buttons due to trying to figure out how to play, and people need to ease the fuck off.

@Rain Dew is actually having an issue with another gamer in FF14 right now. I won't get into any details. I'll leave that up to her if she wants to discuss it or not. But suffice it to say, it's getting pretty ugly.

COD has always had a toxic community so that's nothing new but so does Battlefield. COD Modern Warfare and MW2 back in the days sounded something like this: