Register Now
Keranov

Toxic communities?

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I've seen videos and reports of COD games getting fucking nuts. Seasoned players seem to absolutely hate n00bs. Everyone was a n00b at some point to a game. You're not going to be perfect at a game the first time you play it. You're going to hit the wrong buttons due to trying to figure out how to play, and people need to ease the fuck off.

@Rain Dew is actually having an issue with another gamer in FF14 right now. I won't get into any details. I'll leave that up to her if she wants to discuss it or not. But suffice it to say, it's getting pretty ugly.

Seriously, this is something that needs to be addressed in any way possible because these guys are really making life uncomfortable for most new gamers. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

COD has always had a toxic community so that's nothing new but so does Battlefield. COD Modern Warfare and MW2 back in the days sounded something like this:

I'm actually a very big fan of Call of Duty series but for how their community is set up, it's not appealing to me at all. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Rust. there is fifteen man groups called zergs that run around killing solo and duo players in a survival game. Not to mention all of the ten year olds that think screaming into their mic and ear raping people is funny.

Seriously, they are just total dicks that's only interested in being as ass, making the lives of other gamers very difficult for them. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, this is something that needs to be addressed in any way possible because these guys are really making life uncomfortable for most new gamers. 

She's been playing FF14 since the day it came out. She has run a few FC's and has several retainers. The only reason she has run more than one FC is because she changed servers.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

COD has always had a toxic community so that's nothing new but so does Battlefield. COD Modern Warfare and MW2 back in the days sounded something like this:

I've seen a lot of reports and YouTube videos about how toxic those games are. It's fucking insane. It's also one of the things that makes a lot of gamers not even want to try the games out. As far as I'm concerned I think it should just be a group of lose friends against the games AI. It shouldn't even be a fully online game. Especially when the violence is taken real world. I know that it going real world is a once in a lifetime event of that ever happening, but the fights in game would most likely decrease.

I've heard that the League of Legends community is one of the most toxic communities out there. It seems like a game that I wouldn't want to play for sure. It seems like even your teammates say really nasty things if you're not doing what they think you should be doing.

My personal experience with fans of "soulsborne" games has been dreadful. Elitist, arrogant. rude, unwelcoming and unhelpful. Can't say I'm surprised, though, even the games themselves are too arrogant to even let you pause. Who else but those ass holes would fall in love with those games?

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

My personal experience with fans of "soulsborne" games has been dreadful. Elitist, arrogant. rude, unwelcoming and unhelpful. Can't say I'm surprised, though, even the games themselves are too arrogant to even let you pause. Who else but those ass holes would fall in love with those games?

The painful part is when they are not helpful towards your learning but they will take pride in humiliating you is where it's off for me. 

18 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

My decision to limit my attention or involvement to some gaming or non gaming communities online have helped me to stay somehow away from disgruntled experience. 

Seriously, it's better to say away completely from them if you can't deal with their stress and frustration it comes with. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

The painful part is when they are not helpful towards your learning but they will take pride in humiliating you is where it's off for me. 

Seriously, that's the only thing they are very good at when it comes to bullying new gamers in the fold. Full time wankers. 

On 2/13/2022 at 5:53 AM, Boblee said:

I'm actually a very big fan of Call of Duty series but for how their community is set up, it's not appealing to me at all. 

That's how it has always been so I'm not surprised really.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've seen a lot of reports and YouTube videos about how toxic those games are. It's fucking insane. It's also one of the things that makes a lot of gamers not even want to try the games out. As far as I'm concerned I think it should just be a group of lose friends against the games AI. It shouldn't even be a fully online game. Especially when the violence is taken real world. I know that it going real world is a once in a lifetime event of that ever happening, but the fights in game would most likely decrease.

Actually, it toughened up a lot of kids back in the day. Nowadays, you can't even call someone a wimp or coward, that's too freaking offensive. If some people grew up in my childhood community, they'd probably cry infinitely.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, Shagger said:

I can only imagine. Those are the type of games that I just have no patience for, and I know if I played in front of a fan, they'd chew me out and try to steer me to follow their techniques and way. If I want tips, I'd ask. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, Shagger said:

It's the challenge that makes it entertaining - I do agree that the community is quite Elitist but I can argue that a lot of gaming communities are like this. Have you ever heard Rainbow Six fans? Fifa fans probably take the cake for me though...same crap every year and yet they act like it's the best Fifa ever released.