Register Now
Keranov

How often do you clean your PC?

On 9/29/2018 at 11:26 PM, DylanC said:

I never clean my PC tbh. Maybe I should. I didn't realise it was a thing.

It's very important to do it. All the dust in it can make the components run hotter which can lead to damage to the system or under-perform.

8 hours ago, Keranov said:

It's very important to do it. All the dust in it can make the components run hotter which can lead to damage to the system or under-perform.

Yep, maybe I should look into cleaning my PC. Not done that before :s

Same here, every couple of months. They soon get dusty and dirty which could have a serious impact on the system. Wiping the screen is essential,  I use specialized cleaning equipment known as screen wipes to clean the screen part of my Laptop. I have a portable hover to suck all the dust, dirt and dog hairs out of my keyboard. Dog hairs are the worst. I don't remove the keys and I don't advise doing so only if you know how to put them back on safely and securely. Finally, I'll use a damp cleaning cloth and wipe down the surface of the Keys, Keypad, and the laptop to remove and grease or dirt. Repeat in a months time!

Edited by XXInfectedXx

I definitely don't clean my PC out as much as I should do if I am honest but when I do remember I tend to do it straight away. I used to aim for once every couple of months but I get so busy it's something that slips my mind. With mine being on a shelf under my desk it is crazy how much dust it may collect and would really benefit the clean out.

The amount of times I have had issues where someone has said to me "have you tried cleaning it out" when I have had an issue with my PC and each time I tell them no and they give me a look is ridiculous. I really should set myself a reminder message for once every few months to let me know, it would help the life of my PC greatly as well. 

I have never cleaned the insides of my latest computers, a eMachines and HP.  I should do that.  It's just laziness really.  However, it hasn't really made a difference in performance, though the 7 years of owning the eMachines did lead to moderate dust buildup.

Edited by Jayson

On 12/9/2018 at 7:53 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

I generally clean every 2-3 months, along with cleaning my desk that have it on. Helps keep everything nice and fresh.

Same here. I keep mine clean as I am a bit of a germophobe lol - I don't go overboard with it though.