Register Now
Keranov

How often do you clean your PC?

For me every weekend I try to clean both laptop and PC. And also any other thing that I have with my desktop. It helps if I can make use of the machines for blowing the dust off the devices. Most of the time I tend to face the issues with the dust. And it can be easy to clean off every now and then when the dust comes in. That's what I mostly try to do these days clean it to avoid it being damaged. 

I live near a road that has dust issue always coming in and out. So that kind of makes me take care of the PC every now and then. Dust issue on keyboard is kind of concern. Screen I can clean every day. But the dust that gets through keyboard and inside the system that is kind of issue to think about. 

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes there seems to be a lot of dust if you live near the area or the road that has lot of traffic. I try to make sure that I even cover the screens with some sort of clothing. And that also helps out usually. 

I have a laptop sleeve I keep mine in when not in use and I also have dust covers for desktops.

I guess I have to think about buying one laptop sleeve too. I do have the laptop bag but it does not have the protection much. And the chances of the laptop damage are going to be there. I heard some good reviews about the sleeve. So I may consider buying it. 

On 4/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, skyfire said:

I guess I have to think about buying one laptop sleeve too. I do have the laptop bag but it does not have the protection much. And the chances of the laptop damage are going to be there. I heard some good reviews about the sleeve. So I may consider buying it. 

You should - mine is both dust and water resistant and comes with shock absorption as well which gives your laptop an extra layer of protection.

Yes. Currently I am holding on purchase because I am planning on changing the bag which I use to carry the content. And that's one reason I am thinking of making use of the laptop sleeve when I purchase the bag. So two purchases at the same time.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes. Currently I am holding on purchase because I am planning on changing the bag which I use to carry the content. And that's one reason I am thinking of making use of the laptop sleeve when I purchase the bag. So two purchases at the same time.

That makes sense. I made sure to buy a water-resistant bag as well to properly protect my goods.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, skyfire said:

Windows 10 has made the cleaning some part of the PC easier with the new 1904 update. So I think in near future the CCleaner is not going to be much usable as it was in the past. 

CCleaner has actually become a bit more spammy in terms of ads and offers so I don't use it as much anymore. Plus the newer versions of the software can seriously and permanently damage your computer with the changes it makes.