What's your favourite horror movies?

On 2/3/2019 at 3:23 AM, skyfire said:

Here are some of my favorites. 

1. Sinister 

2. Alien (1st movie)

3. Lost Voyage

4. Venom

5. VHS (3 movies all good)

These are some of my favorite movies. I know I may have forgot more than I have listed here.I am kind of fan of mystery and psychological. So that's one reason I have forgot about those type of the movies. 

Aye, Sinister is a very underrated horror flick imho. Not seen Lost Voyage so will have to put that on my to watch list. And Alien is a masterpiece. Good list!

I'm not sure if it qualifies as horror; it seems to be more an "end of the world" type movie - but I'd have to bring up The Road.  I found that movie profoundly interesting - because it's very fun, but disturbing - to imagine a nation in an post-apocalypse. scenario.

OK, another good horror movie - but one I simply cannot watch (It's too disturbing.) is Hostel.   That movie was the most scary one I'd ever seen, hands down!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:04 AM, Lee said:

I like "weird" horror movies. 

Has anyone seen House of 1000 Corpses?

I've seen it, and have it around here somewhere. It was a little goofy to me. But The Devils Rejects was really good. Zombie's best though were hands down his Halloween remakes. Awesome movies all around. I have 31 around here somewhere too, but haven't really had the chance to sit down and watch it, because at the moment, I don't know where it is.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, jonbones said:

Halloween (1978) is still the finest I've ever seen - and I'm a huge fan of the genre.

Carpenter was firing on all cylinders back then, and I think only Peele has a shot at taking the crown as his craft continues to mature.

Yep, Halloween is a bonafide classic. I also have a huge soft spot for The Thing, In The Mouth Of Madness and The Fog. John Carpenter is one of my favourite directors. 

10 hours ago, Aerielle del Rosario said:

I just watched the thing and it was freaking awesome! 😄

Good lad! The Thing is an exceptional piece of sci-fi horror filmmaking. Kurt Russell is also cool AF in it. I recommend checking out The Void as it’s quite The Thing-esque and the modern The Thing sequel/prequel movie is pretty decent, too.

Edited by DylanC

9 hours ago, DylanC said:

Good lad! The Thing is an exceptional piece of sci-fi horror filmmaking. Kurt Russell is also cool AF in it. I recommend checking out The Void as it’s quite The Thing-esque and the modern The Thing sequel/prequel movie is pretty decent, too.

I will surely watch it, thanks and I'll update if watched them :D