Register Now
fantanoice

Pokémon Go

Anybody here play Pokémon Go? It was huge when it first launched and still continues to generate a lot of activity. They recently added friends lists, trading and gifting. My boyfriend and I have been working up to being Best Friends so we can trade our dud Pokémon and make them good.

Are you still playing? What are your thoughts?

When it was trending I was playing. I got bored with it by the time the trend ended. I really like that time though... everyone was just coming together playing games. Headlines on the news about Pokemon Go was so much better than the ordinary breaking news. 

I played for like a week when it came out.

I was on leave from work, so whatever. I had time. But then I went back to work and deleted it before long.
I thought it was done, I freaked out pretty hardcore when I saw an acquaintance playing last year. I honestly thought it had just gone away.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Used to play it back when it was released, but not much more. It bored me after a week; also when I go outside with my friends/family I do not usually take the phone so seriously, so basically I only was playing at home haha.

Me and my kids used to play this when it first came out but I haven't played it in some time and I think the novelty of the game has worn off. I do know people who still play it today, including my mum! 🙂   

I do think it's a great way to get kids to go outside and be more active while still playing a video game of some sort. 🙂

Edited by Shortie861

Not now. It's funny because I never liked Pokemon but my friend started playing Pokemon Go so I tried it out as well. I loved it so for the next week or two I played it quite a bit. We even went out on little trips to try and catch different pokemon. But literally a week or two later, it just got boring and I gave up. Never touched the game again. And I think it was the same situation for a lot of different people. Unfortunately, they brought the new changes to the game too late.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:09 AM, MegaphoneStallone said:

I played for like a week when it came out.

I was on leave from work, so whatever. I had time. But then I went back to work and deleted it before long.
I thought it was done, I freaked out pretty hardcore when I saw an acquaintance playing last year. I honestly thought it had just gone away.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.

This is basically me, lol.

I think the fad of the pokemon go is now over. And more and more people tend to move away from such type of games. You can see that it can get pretty boring after some time. I'd be using such games if they have horror or say some sort of incentive based material on the game. I don't know if the games may evolve with pokemon go type concept. But yeah it'd be worth checking out either way if new pokemon games add something more. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the fad of the pokemon go is now over. And more and more people tend to move away from such type of games. You can see that it can get pretty boring after some time. I'd be using such games if they have horror or say some sort of incentive based material on the game. I don't know if the games may evolve with pokemon go type concept. But yeah it'd be worth checking out either way if new pokemon games add something more. 

The fad had ended 2 years ago and I agree with you that the concept became very boring. Personally, I was never overly excited by it in the first place and I loved Pokemon as a kid and I still do like it as an adult.

As someone who's a pretty big fan of the usual Pokemon games, I felt like Pokemon Go was just watered down too much. Also, it seems like it must work better for people who live in a bigger/busier place, because there would be like 1 or 2 Pokemon max for miles. And there was 1 Pokemon Center in my whole town, and it was a smoke shop which is so inappropriate for kids to be hanging out at like they were so none of it worked out right lol 

Pokemon Go had a good start. It came out in the market by storm. And it managed to get the game to the top ranking. But it was kind of boring after some time. They didn't innovate. Like say PUBG and Fortnite are coming up with new tournaments and cross overs. And they seem to doing a lot of improvements. But Pokemon Go tuned out with the linear level of the game in there.