Register Now
Alyxx

PS Vita Owners

My dad owns a PS Vita rather than myself, so I don't know too much about it. But what I do know is that he gets incredibly frustrated with how little recognition it gets from Sony and I can understand why, especially when there are so many fantastic games out there that get overlooked for the Vita even though they'd be perfect for it.

I've got one but it won't charge any more and I can't find anyone who can repair it. It's really frustrating because I was a few endings deep in Stein's Gate and still need to play Danganronpa 3 (I know it's on PS4 and Steam but it's a VN, damn it). 

It had some decent games like Persona 4: The Golden and Danganronpa series but on the whole the library is pretty underwhelming. I think you get a better experience on the Switch, even after just a year. Hopefully a lot of those neat games get ported over because they work so much better portably than on TV. 

2 hours ago, fantanoice said:

I've got one but it won't charge any more and I can't find anyone who can repair it. It's really frustrating because I was a few endings deep in Stein's Gate and still need to play Danganronpa 3 (I know it's on PS4 and Steam but it's a VN, damn it). 

It had some decent games like Persona 4: The Golden and Danganronpa series but on the whole the library is pretty underwhelming. I think you get a better experience on the Switch, even after just a year. Hopefully a lot of those neat games get ported over because they work so much better portably than on TV. 

I really want to get into the Persona franchise so I've been trying to steer my dad into letting me borrow it so I can play Persona 4. As for charging, is it the cable that's the issue of the PS Vita?

8 hours ago, Aimee Hart said:

I really want to get into the Persona franchise so I've been trying to steer my dad into letting me borrow it so I can play Persona 4. As for charging, is it the cable that's the issue of the PS Vita?

No, it's the port itself. I've tried multiple charging cables to no avail. I've tried cleaning it as well. Nothing works. 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:57 PM, Alyxx said:

I think the Switch is going to take over the market that the Vita had for a while.

I adore my Vita but I 100% agree with Alyxx. The Vita is a great handheld that should've been supported more by Sony. Thankfully, indie devs and Japanese dev brought a ton of great small-scale experiences and big RPGs to the handheld and it works well as an indie/JRPG machine. It still holds a special place in my heart. Just wish those memory cards were a bit cheaper:/

My son owns a PS Vita and he just recently found it again having misplaced it for a good while. He seems really happy with the console himself and loves to play on it whenever he feels like a change from his Xbox One and does keep saying about how he would love more games for it. It definitely seems like it was one of their better handhelds and I always say it's a shame they didn't support it more than they did. I can only imagine what could have come out of the Vita had they continued the support longer than they did!