Register Now
Alyxx

Ask Alyxx

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

What's the most popular fairy tale in Norway ?
In Mexico we only have scary stories about ghost or monsters either kidnapping or eating kids 😥

One of the most popular are the ones about the Ashlad who manages to get the princess and half of the kingdom through trials, despite his asshole brothers trying to mess it up. A lot of our fairytales were made into animated puppet movies by Ivo Caprino, so that's how I was told them a lot of the time. My favourite is the one where the Ashlad employs the help of some magical friends to survive the trials of the king so he can achieve the princess and the kingdom and shows that friendship is important.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:00 AM, The Blackangel said:

Does anyone still worship the Norse Gods?

Not that I know of. We do still keep the mythos alive though and I learned about the norse gods as a child, so in a way they are still kept alive. But if anyone follows them as a religion, I don't think so. Most of us are atheists.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Alyxx said:

One of the most popular are the ones about the Ashlad who manages to get the princess and half of the kingdom through trials, despite his asshole brothers trying to mess it up. A lot of our fairytales were made into animated puppet movies by Ivo Caprino, so that's how I was told them a lot of the time. My favourite is the one where the Ashlad employs the help of some magical friends to survive the trials of the king so he can achieve the princess and the kingdom and shows that friendship is important.

I will google more about Ashlad later on the day, I did I quick search on Ivo Caprino and his puppet show, he looks a lot like Mr.Rogers neighborhood. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I will google more about Ashlad later on the day, I did I quick search on Ivo Caprino and his puppet show, he looks a lot like Mr.Rogers neighborhood. 

He never had an actual TV show, it was more a series of short films that were shown in the cinemas here and later released on video.