Register Now
italianmunchiez

Telltale Games?

So if you haven't heard TellTale games has been going through a financial bunch such as not many people playing/buying the game anymore and complaining about the engine its used to make the game. I honestly am used to TTG's engine I mean the graphics after playing a few of there games you get used to it and they make good series but I guess not to much people prefer story-related content anymore.

Thoughts?

I think TT are a super talented developer but their engine is definitely antiquated. Loads of gamers' saves got eaten in Tales From The Borderlands, for example. Those sorts of bugs are unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of their games and I loved TFTB, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and even enjoyed the first season of Minecraft Story Mode. That said, TT need to invest in upgrading their engine and giving the backend a polish. The engine has been showing its age for a long while and the longer they leave it, the more people will bounce from their games and not come back.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, DylanC said:

I think TT are a super talented developer but their engine is definitely antiquated. Loads of gamers' saves got eaten in Tales From The Borderlands, for example. Those sorts of bugs are unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of their games and I loved TFTB, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and even enjoyed the first season of Minecraft Story Mode. That said, TT need to invest in upgrading their engine and giving the backend a polish. The engine has been showing its age for a long while and the longer they leave it, the more people will bounce from their games and not come back.

It is true, they'll only realize when they start to lose money.

I think if you love narrative games enough then TellTale Games will always have an audience, even in spite of their aging engine. That said, I do agree with you all that after a while people are going to feel as though they are getting lazy and just simply don't want to develop the engine any longer. To put it bluntly: they are getting cocky and its biting them in the ass.