Register Now
DylanC

Favourite PS Vita games?

I'm a huge fan of Sony's unloved handheld. From its raft of top-notch JRPGs, to its vibrant indie scene, to it's limited but still accomplished selection of AAA games, there's something for everyone on Sony's diminutive console. 

So for those out there who're passionate about the PS Vita: What are your favourite titles on the system?

Mine are Darkest Dungeon, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Killzone: Mercenary, Demon Gaze, Dungeon Travelers 2, Limbo, Undertale and Super StarDust Delta. (phew!)

Keen to hear ya thoughts!

7 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

There really wasn't much on the Vita that I enjoyed, one of the reasons I didn't get it. But if I did I know I would have loved Persona 4 Golden.

Yeah, Persona 4 Golden is definitely one of the Vita's strongest titles, for sure. Thanks for replying nonetheless!

These are the games I have the most playtime in on my Vita

Killzone Mercenary
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS 2 and MGS 3)
Resistance: Burning Skies
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Stardew Valley
Gravity Rush
Borderlands 2 (suffers from a lot of glitches though)
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition (now discontinued unfortunately)
Grim Fandango Remastered
WipEout 2048
Velocity 2X
Undertale
Neon Chrome
Asphalt Injection

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

These are the games I have the most playtime in on my Vita

Killzone Mercenary
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS 2 and MGS 3)
Resistance: Burning Skies
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Stardew Valley
Gravity Rush
Borderlands 2 (suffers from a lot of glitches though)
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition (now discontinued unfortunately)
Grim Fandango Remastered
WipEout 2048
Velocity 2X
Undertale
Neon Chrome
Asphalt Injection

That's a superb list of Vita games and many of them are titles that I play a ton, too. So weird that Duke Nukem got discontinued, remember playing it on Vita so wonder if I it's downloadable still? Full fat Borderlands 2 running on a handheld is impressive, even with all the bugs/stutters. But, yeah, Killzone Mercenary is the system seller imho. What an incredible looking game. Best FPS on handheld. Period.

Duke Nukem is downloadable if you purchased it before it got pulled off the shops but it's no longer supported.

It was removed due to Gearbox suing the crap out of anyone releasing Duke Nukem games that weren't them, who later released the World Tour Edition which has not been released on PS Vita.

And yeah Merczone has been a go-to handheld shooter for me for years. And yeah, love that people are still playing it.

Edited by Alyxx

My all time favorites are rayman origins and gravity rush. I know there are many others like dragon crown and borderlands 2. But it seems like those games are pretty good on the game play experience. I think god of war old one can be worth playing on that too. 

I love the PlayStation Vita.  I have 2.  I actually bought the 2000 first then learned about the OLED screen on the 1000, and eventually buyers remorse got the better of me and I bought a second one.  I registered my 2000 in the UK so I can have access to the European PS store, so far I only have Final Fantasy one & two, 25th anniversary editions on that one.  Since they never added those to the PS store in NA.  

Anyways my favorite games for the Vita are

Dragon Quest Builders

Persona 4 Golden

Odin Sphere

Ninja Gaiden Sigma + 1 & 2

Killzone Mercenary

Shantae

Dragon's Crown

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Adventures of Mana

Oreshika

Child of Light

Muramasa Rebirth

I feel like I must be forgetting some.  But anyways not a terrible list, and those are only the games that I love on the system that are PS Vita only games, so I didn't include any PSP games or PS1 games. 

Sheesh just realized this is kinda a necro post.  Sorry.

Edited by UltraPunch
added sentence