Register Now
The Overseer

Oldest Game you Own?

It would be Game & Watch: Green House (1982), but if we're not counting that...

I guess it would probably be all of the launch-day NES games I have. I have Wrecking Crew, Wild Gunman, Tennis, Pinball, Ice Climber, Hogan's Alley, Golf, Excitebike, Baseball, and 10-Yard Fight. All released October 18, 1985.

I think that the oldest game I own is Counter Strike 1.6. I used to have some 8-bit games like Super Mario and a few others for a console which I don't know what the name is. Anyway, the console broke more than 10 years ago and haven't seen it since then.

I have some 80's games on Steam such as Wasteland and Where Time Stood Still.

The oldest one I actively play is probably Dark Ages from 1990, but I have some Mega Drive games from the late 80's such as Altered Beast.

My NES at my parent's house has like Super Mario Bros and some other oldies. In my current place I have a SNES Mini with a heap of games but I guess we're not counting that? Also have a Star Wing (PAL regions, weeoo) cart and my partner has Secret of Mana. I'm not sure which is older between the two. 

7 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

I would say Banjo-Kazooie which I got in late 1998.

Initial release date: 31 December 1996

Might as well be. Such a good game though, I miss it bad.

Dish, missed for a year. Also: who does really release a game 31 December? Are we crazy? haha

1 minute ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

It basically is a 1997 release. I mean, who's buying games on Dec 31, to your point of who released them on that day. 😛

I can imagine the situation where you are in party on the 31 December night, and while you are having a gin tonic with your friends in a disco, you are buying the game.

Would be nuts, to be honest 😄