Register Now
DylanC

What are your favourite indie games of all-time?

7 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

For me it would be Shovel knight and Shanate, there is another but I just can't remember its name right now.

Shovel Knight is ace! Love the retro art-style and the retro music. Not played Shantae yet.

1 hour ago, Joant73 said:

Inside and Limbo are definitely up there. Journey and Little Nightmares are on my list as well, they were both great.  Also, there is new one out, Typoman, that looks pretty good although I haven't played it yet.

Aye, Inside and Limbo are tough to beat. Not had a chance to play Little Nightmares but the screenshots look really interesting. Looks a little like a horror game. If so, then definitely count me in! Will keep my eyes peeled for Typoman.

I recently got Human Fall Flat on sale and I've been playing it through on co-op. Its been a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it! Also, Firewatch is a must if you're a sucker for art style and good voice acting.

Edited by Empire

On 4/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, Justin11 said:

Stardew valley remains the best for me, I have it on my PS4 currently. 

You're damn right it is the best indie game ever made imo Also the best farming/ life simulator game out there and since it was made by only one person  makes it even more impressive. I'd say i'd put stardew valley into my top 10 games of all time.

Also what do folks here define under indie games, it's a term used so broadly these days, like if rocket league is considered an indie game, what about minecraft it's also something that could be considered an indie game despite being one of the most populair games out there at the moment. 

Edited by Yaramaki

10 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

You're damn right it is the best indie game ever made imo Also the best farming/ life simulator game out there and since it was made by only one person  makes it even more impressive. I'd say i'd put stardew valley into my top 10 games of all time.

Also what do folks here define under indie games, it's a term used so broadly these days, like if rocket league is considered an indie game, what about minecraft it's also something that could be considered an indie game despite being one of the most populair games out there at the moment. 

Yeah, the very first time I played stardew it amused me a lot, ConcernedApe, Barone developers tried so much with what they made around stardew valley which made the game standout as one of the memorable simulator role-playing game of all time.