Register Now
The Overseer

What game have you played recently that you'd highly recommend?

4 hours ago, m76 said:

XCOM2: Haven't stopped playing it since it came out in 2016. In fact I was playing it just now.

Dishonored 1 /2: They are flawed games for sure, but still worth the time.

Cyberpunk 2077: Only if you have a highend PC

Heavy Rain : I've recently started playing the PC version, haven't got far yet, but I can recommend the game based on the PS3 version.

These are the games I played recently and would recommend. The other games I've played this year I can't really endorse. I've linked my reviews for these games.

I was about to ask what Heavy Rain was but I see that you posted a review so I'll go check it out.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I was about to ask what Heavy Rain was but I see that you posted a review so I'll go check it out.

You never heard that game? I've been wanting to play it for a while. Supposed to be really good. I read the review too and still inspires me to play the game. It's part of the Quantic Dream Collection which is supposed to be three really great games made by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human, and Beyond Two Souls). Of course you can get the game separate for the ps3, or 3 game bundle for the ps4. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That old review is based on my first playthrough of the game like 8 years ago, and mostly focuses on the move edition of the game, which is kind of irrelevant now. I intend to write an updated review based on the PC version if and when I get around to finishing the game.

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You never heard that game? I've been wanting to play it for a while. Supposed to be really good. I read the review too and still inspires me to play the game. It's part of the Quantic Dream Collection which is supposed to be three really great games made by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human, and Beyond Two Souls). Of course you can get the game separate for the ps3, or 3 game bundle for the ps4. 

I'd categorize them as great story experiences but poor attempts as videogames. Controls are awkward for the most part, and outright atrocious at times. You are never in full control of the characters, even in action sequences where it would make absolute sense. I have a kind of hate-love relationship with their games.

The bundle is also available on PC / Steam now. When it's discounted it's a great deal. I got it for under €40.

10 hours ago, m76 said:

That old review is based on my first playthrough of the game like 8 years ago, and mostly focuses on the move edition of the game, which is kind of irrelevant now. I intend to write an updated review based on the PC version if and when I get around to finishing the game.

Yeah, I saw that but I'm doing a bit of research about it.

16 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I know the latter two Detroit Become Human and Beyond Two Souls but I doubt I've ever encountered Heavy Rain before. It seems to be a great thriller though so I'm definitely going to purchase it sometime next week.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:09 AM, The Overseer said:

Please help. Looking for some new games to play this month.  I need your absolute best recommendation. 

Note: I'm on PC and I usually buy my games from either Steam or GOG. Thanks!

Well, if you are asking what games I played recently that I can recommend, it's going to be Final Fantasy XV and Need for Speed Heat.