Register Now
StaceyPowers

Should The Last of Us Be a Movie?

You might be aware that there have been rumors on and off of a Last of Us movie for years now. Neil Druckmann has actually said that he doesn't really want it to go forward anymore, because (as Digital Spy reported), ""But, for me, and I know for Naughty Dog and for a lot of our fans, Nolan North is Nathan Drake, Ashley Johnson is Ellie, Troy Baker is Joel. And it would be very disorienting to see someone else in that role."

Agree or disagree? Would you like to see a Last of Us movie? I think in some ways to me it'd feel superfluous--it'd be hard to get more involved with a passive film presentation than a game--but it's a different medium, and I could still see it working in some way.

It could be cool but I'm just not sure that it is really necessary.  I feel like the game already did a great job at telling that story and did so very cinematically.  I am just not sure what a film could really add to it.  Also, I fear a Max Payne situation, where the game is already very cinematic and could be its own movie so they arbitrarily change it to make it different and just ruin it.

Edited by Joant73