Register Now
ApolloVI

Your favorite Star Wars game?

Out of all the licensed brands which have received tie-in video games, I think Star Wars probably has the most impressive legacy, thanks mostly to the impressive run that LucasArts had in the 1990s and early 2000s. Many games were able to rise above the "cheap cash-in" status that most licensed games have and actually achieve something good. Some were even Game-of-the-Year levels of great. While Star Wars gaming might not be what it used to be, it still left an incredible impact on the gaming industry.

So I ask, what's your favorite Star Wars video game? Personally, I would have to say Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. Factor 5 really achieved something amazing in that game. The graphics STILL hold up 17 years later, and it's an incredibly well-made flight combat game. All these years later, and I still have not seen a better representation of the Battle of Yavin, Hoth, or Endor in a video game. 

Mine is probably "Star Wars: Episode 1:: Racer" on Nintendo 64. I think I made some good time trials times on it, though I didn't spend anywhere near as much time on it as I did Mario Kart. XD

There was "Star Wars" on the NES that I played as a kid and I couldn't understand it at all. I think it was my most hated game for a long time. It was a similar deal with "Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire" on Nintendo 64.

As for other Star Wars games, I did try the Kinect one at a friend's house. The hand movements barely worked but it was kinda entertaining. I played another Ep1 Pod Racer game at an arcade once. It was fun but I don't remember the name of it. I think it was 2p co-op iirc? 

Edited by fantanoice

19 hours ago, fantanoice said:

Mine is probably "Star Wars: Episode 1:: Racer" on Nintendo 64. I think I made some good time trials times on it, though I didn't spend anywhere near as much time on it as I did Mario Kart. XD

GREAT choice. I absolutely love that game. Such an underrated racer with amazing variety. Episode I came out when I was a kid and I loved the podraces, so it was awesome to have a game that took such a deep dive into the whole concept.