Register Now
lisa Mark

Has anyone actually been paid out for playing?

I've been reading that you can get paid cryptocurrency for playing games. Is that legit or too good to be true haha? How fast and easy is the process? Any sites you guys can recommend? 

I was looking at blakegames.com, primarily because they got all the games I like and have good policies against cheating and poor game play, but getting paid would make it just that much sweeter. Has anyone used blake games or have any other recommendations?

I've had friends doing that kind of stuff through applications. I never heard them say they earned anything though. Noone will actually pay for us to play, they might use that for marketing reasons and such. Being a streamer or a pro player helps on that matter as Keranov above mentioned though 😄 Or be an editor or reviewer, we could use some intelligent people writing about video games for sure!

Sounds to good to be true, you get nothing for free in this world as much as I would love to be payed for what I enjoy most. I know friends who have turned there hobby into a career. They set up a YouTube channel and overtime, it had enough followers for them to live passively off ad revenue and donations. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

This definitely sounds too good to be true, even if it is true, it will be something that people have jumped on already and it will be a little more difficult to reach the goals to receive any kind of payment. I would rather myself be able to play games, have fun and not have to worry about whether I would get paid or not.

That would be like receiving free money for doing what you do every day, something like that will always have a catch!

Well, there are actual jobs where you can earn money to play games, but it usually involves working for the company producing the game, so it is an actual job that you go in and test out games while they update coding, before they release a demo to be tested by the public. I've even heard some companies paying out to third party companies to do a general play base test. The third party ones usually involve you getting everything you need before hand, to actually participate in the third party testing.

Never heard of anyone paying out in cryptocurrencies, just to play stuff.

I've never been paid out for playing although I would love to. As a casual gamer that spends at least a day playing games, it would be great to be paid to game. I did enter a few different competitions and tournaments but I have never managed to win them or reach a place that gives out a monetary prize. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:47 PM, lisa Mark said:

I've been reading that you can get paid cryptocurrency for playing games. Is that legit or too good to be true haha? How fast and easy is the process? Any sites you guys can recommend? 

I was looking at blakegames.com, primarily because they got all the games I like and have good policies against cheating and poor game play, but getting paid would make it just that much sweeter. Has anyone used blake games or have any other recommendations?

Not Cryptocurrency, but RAZER offers a plan where you can get their products and such for playing video games. Of course, the currency you get takes a while to even get you anything. So yeah.

Back in the days, I got paid for competing in Smash, Gran Tourismo, Fifa and Mortal Kombat Tournaments. Other than twitch and Youtube streaming or having a huge Youtube gaming channel, I am not certain there is any other way to get paid for gaming over the internet. I also left out Sponsorship by a gaming company like Epic Games or others.