Register Now
DylanC

Favourite handheld system?

I think mine is the PS Vita (which many will find surprising) but I just love the shit out of it. Trophies, that gorgeous screen, voice chat out of the box, the dual sticks, the JRPGs, the indie support - it's a great system. What is everyone's fave handheld?

1 hour ago, Demon_skeith said:

Tie for me between the GBA and DS lite systems, both had an excellent amount of games to it and was always fun using.

I was super impressed with what I played of the GBA, though I never owned one. I loved my DS Lite - wonderful system! I was all about Advance Wars - so bloody addicting!

8 hours ago, Keranov said:

Not sure if this counts but as long as I hold my phone in my hand it's handheld, right? If it does - then I'm going to vote for mobile.

Yep, your phone counts as a handheld imho. You can play games on the go so, yeah, it's eligible 🙂

On 9/29/2018 at 3:14 AM, DylanC said:

I was super impressed with what I played of the GBA, though I never owned one. I loved my DS Lite - wonderful system! I was all about Advance Wars - so bloody addicting!

I really love my GBA SP since it was the NES designed one which I got for Christmas. Still have it, not sure if it works.

11 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

I really love my GBA SP since it was the NES designed one which I got for Christmas. Still have it, not sure if it works.

Nice! That's so cool! If I saw an NES GBA in the shops, I'd be all over that! 😄

My favourite handheld console used to be the Nintendo DS, I used to spend hours playing games on the Nintendo DS. Since the release of the Switch though I have found that because of the games available on there I much prefer that as a handheld now due to the fact I can play games such as Overwatch, Apex Legends, Fortnite and even Fall Guys on the go or away from the TV. 

I'm a gigantic sucker for handhelds, and my favourite has got to be Nintendo 3DS. Some of my fondest memories on that machine, and the fact that it was back-compatible with the ENTIRE DS library, and had a (for its time) great digital storefront for Nintendo standards made me totally fall in love with it.
I also absolutely love my PS Vita I bought a few years ago, which I managed to hack to enable emulators and all kinds of games. Also helps that it's got like the best D-Pad of all time.

I know it's probably not in this timeline, but I would absolutely love another truly dedicated handheld device. With smaller and cheaper games. The Switch and Steam Deck are simply too big to do it for me.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice this was such an old thread!

Edited by Tonberry

Tough one! probably for me, right now it's the Playstation Vita. I loved it back at launch when I got mine, and i love it now to this day. My console is hacked so it does a lot of cool stuff and I'm in the process of getting a bigger SD card for it so I can load up all of my Vita and PS1 titles.

Maybe not the best ever but for me it's my 3ds xl. I got it as a birthday present a few days after release and it's pretty beat up but I have a lot of memories from it. Also somehow the batteries are better than they were when I got it so that's interesting