Register Now
StaceyPowers

PlayStation Classic

Are you all excited about PlayStation Classic? I think it's super cool, but at the same time, it just reminds me of how hypocritical Sony is on the whole backwards compatibility issue. They claim that users don't care about old games, and use that as an excuse not to support it, but then they come out with this product, which proves that they know better. Thoughts?

It's a pretty shameless copy/paste of what Nintendo are doing, but it is a decent option for those who want to go back and play some of the classic PS1 titles (of which there are many). That said, it's a shame that there is only 20 games and they haven't been fully confirmed as of yet. It must be a nightmare getting the licensing for games from that era, but personally, I'd be down to get one - IF - there are enough genuine classic games in the final lineup. 

1 minute ago, Demon_skeith said:

Sony should have gone the extra mile and try and make it a VC download console, where you can keep downloading more games to make it more useful.

Yeah, that would've definitely been more ideal than having just 20 static games. I could see it being a bit more expensive, though. I'd be more interested in that kind of system, honestly.