Register Now
StaceyPowers

Worst glitches you've experienced in Bethesda Games?

@DylanC and I were talking about how Bethesda games are so glitchy that it's almost a nostalgic part of the Bethesda experience.

What are some of the worst (or funniest, or strangest) glitches you've experienced in Bethesda games?

For me:

-Strange geometric shadows from Dogmeat that take up the WHOLE SCREEN in Fallout 3.

-I killed some character in Skyrim, and MONTHS later, the corpse of said character floated in an upright position up the road to me in a completely different part of the map, cut off at the waist. Creepy.

-Awful stuttering/freezing in New Vegas. Not at all amusing. Some locations I can’t even enter.

Please share some of your Bethesda glitch moments!

One of the worst I've seen happened to my buddy not me personally.  It was in Skyrim and every time he would fast travel a dragon would spawn, even inside cities where they usually would not appear, which would put NPCs at risk as they would all rush to help fight the dragon, and a few well known NPCs died fighting the dragons which closes their shops forever.  Eventually he just had to stop fast traveling, or he would fast travel outside the city, fight the dragon, then go in. 

On 10/7/2018 at 11:08 PM, DylanC said:

Ha, nice question! The most memorable/funny glitch for me was in Skyrim.

A giant clobbered me and sent me flying up into the air for what seemed like forever.

Like, I don’t think I ever came down. Just kepy flying. Up and up. 😂

Suffice to say, I had to re-load my save.

Lol. That reminds me of the time a tiny speck appeared in the sky and then crashed to earth as a mammoth, dead on impact.

Spoilers incoming...

The one that springs to mind happened yesterday. There's a scene in the Skaal Village where you're talking to this great man who's their shaman and his daughter. While talking about revealing the deepest Skaal secrets Haemus Mora, followed by him reading the black book, with black tentacles piercing through his head and body, his daughter is saying a bunch of really serious things. Meanwhile, while her head was standing still, her body was constantly spinning around in circles. It was a little hard to take her serious then 😄 

Unfortunately I've never had mammoths fall from the sky yet 😄

12 hours ago, LadyDay said:

Spoilers incoming...

The one that springs to mind happened yesterday. There's a scene in the Skaal Village where you're talking to this great man who's their shaman and his daughter. While talking about revealing the deepest Skaal secrets Haemus Mora, followed by him reading the black book, with black tentacles piercing through his head and body, his daughter is saying a bunch of really serious things. Meanwhile, while her head was standing still, her body was constantly spinning around in circles. It was a little hard to take her serious then 😄 

Unfortunately I've never had mammoths fall from the sky yet 😄

Such a dramatic moment to have glitch, lol.