Register Now
DylanC

What would you like to see in a Switch 2.0

Rumors are circulating about a new Switch coming out next year. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/new-nintendo-switch-console-reportedly-planned-2019/

What would you like to see in a new revision of the Nintendo Switch?

Personally, I'd like Ninty to use an improved X2 Nvidia graphics card (essentially a newer version than the one that's already in the Switch). I'd also love to see improved battery life and a slightly higher definition display. 

I think the "next Switch" is just going to end up being a hardware revision. Either a Switch XL with a larger screen, or a Switch Mini with integrated controls which brings the price way down. I could see them going in either direction. 

As for a true next-gen leap, I've had this idea for a while now. They should revisit the Wii U idea of two-screen gameplay. Only this time it's the handheld streaming to the TV (or dock) instead of the console streaming to the handheld. Basically, your Switch would be like a Wii U gamepad that you could take with you anywhere. It would have everything that makes the Switch great right now, as well as the gameplay advantages that the Wii U brought to the table.

Even though ai love my Switch It still needs some tweaking. The size of the screen for instance or the fact that when I play on the road I can see nothing due to the brightness. Also i'd want a stronger Wifi antenna cause right now I can't play multiplayer games throughout the house only in certain areas. 

Edited by Katri Marcell

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

Not.. Really?

Reggie is probably under NDA. He probably can't confirm it even if he wanted to. It's up to the company, not him. Perhaps take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Edited by DylanC

Darn it and I was going to get a Switch soon -_-. Well...If this turns out to be true, I am still buying that Switch because of Smash Ultimate so it doesn't matter to me unless the new Switch is a huge jump in terms of hardware, software, and features. Then, I might reconsider...Dylan why you confusing me? -_-.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Darn it and I was going to get a Switch soon -_-. Well...If this turns out to be true, I am still buying that Switch because of Smash Ultimate so it doesn't matter to me unless the new Switch is a huge jump in terms of hardware, software, and features. Then, I might reconsider...Dylan why you confusing me? -_-.

I really don't think so bud

2 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I mean.. Yeah.. It was obvious that this thing wasn't going to happen.

Nintendo has a proven track record of iterating on hardware. E.g. Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Light, DS Lite, New Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS... I could go on, but I'll just rest my case. 

Reggie is just saying that so the current Switches keep on selling. He's a business man. He literally has shares in the company. He wants people to continue buying the Switch (which is fine, it's a good piece of hardware). BUT THERE WILL BE A NEW ITERATION OF THE SWITCH!!! GUARANTEED!

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well...that makes it much easier.

The launch version (the one I've got) is a good piece of hardware. If you buy it, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Just be mindful that there'll be a new Switch sometime. It may take a few months, it may take a year or two. I can guarantee you there will be a new Switch.

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

Nintendo has a proven track record of iterating on hardware. E.g. Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Light, DS Lite, New Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS... I could go on, but I'll just rest my case. 

Reggie is just saying that so the current Switches keep on selling. He's a business man. He literally has shares in the company. He wants people to continue buying the Switch (which is fine, it's a good piece of hardware). BUT THERE WILL BE A NEW ITERATION OF THE SWITCH!!! GUARANTEED!

The launch version (the one I've got) is a good piece of hardware. If you buy it, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Just be mindful that there'll be a new Switch sometime. It may take a few months, it may take a year or two. I can guarantee you there will be a new Switch.

Yeah, there will always be upgrades - I mean...nothing lasts forever so that is a given...