Register Now
DylanC

What would you like to see in a Switch 2.0

I will definitely would like to get a Switch Mini for Christmas, mostly because I want a good FPS on the go and unfortunately the PS vita is no longer in production and getting a new one will be just as expensive as getting a Switch.
But I wonder if the Switch Mini will be able to support heavy games like MK11 or Witcher 3, as well I would like to see more FPS games on the Switch, Doom and Wolfstein are not enough for me, I wonder how come they didnt add Borderlands to the Switch, even the PS vita was able to process Borderlands 2.

I'm pretty happy with the Switch. If any upgraded model were to be made I would have some things I'd like:

• Bluetooth support: I cannot understate how weird it is for a moden device to not support audio over bluetooth. This means I cannot use my wireless bluetooth headphones with my Switch and I had to buy a separate pair of wired ones just to use with my Switch.
  • Media players: One thing I dislike about the Switch is that unlike the PS Vita, there is no way to transfer music or video to the device, and there is no Netflix or Spotify on the thing either so it's practically useless for listening to music on the go or watching video without an internet connection.
  • Better menus: The menu system looks nice aesthetically but is a mess. Having options to organize games into groups/folders would be nice like you could do on the 3DS. Dunno why they didn't bring that ability forward, it feels like a step down.

On 10/13/2019 at 5:05 AM, Alyxx said:

I'm pretty happy with the Switch. If any upgraded model were to be made I would have some things I'd like:

• Bluetooth support: I cannot understate how weird it is for a moden device to not support audio over bluetooth. This means I cannot use my wireless bluetooth headphones with my Switch and I had to buy a separate pair of wired ones just to use with my Switch.
  • Media players: One thing I dislike about the Switch is that unlike the PS Vita, there is no way to transfer music or video to the device, and there is no Netflix or Spotify on the thing either so it's practically useless for listening to music on the go or watching video without an internet connection.
  • Better menus: The menu system looks nice aesthetically but is a mess. Having options to organize games into groups/folders would be nice like you could do on the 3DS. Dunno why they didn't bring that ability forward, it feels like a step down.

I also wondered why it never had Bluetooth support because at the time of its launch Bluetooth was gaining popularity in the tech industry so that decision really baffled me. What baffles me even more is that the Switch Lite also lacks Bluetooth support.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:14 AM, Alyxx said:

Yeah of all the things to add to a handheld console you'd think Bluetooth audio would be one of them...

I know most people don't really use NFC but if I remember correctly, they don't have that either which is another baffling decision as well...

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know most people don't really use NFC but if I remember correctly, they don't have that either which is another baffling decision as well...

They do but only for Amiibos I think.