Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that get better as they go along?

Ys 8 was like that for me, wasn't sure I was going to like it based on the beginning but once I got to the island and started to explore and get into the meat of the game I really loved it, ended up being one of my favorite games. 

Grand Theft Auto Five gets better as you play as there are endless possibilities. You get more deeper into the storyline and discover your potential. Once you've got to a satisfying location in the video game, you're prepared with weaponry and you have great power over your opponent to slaughter him or her. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 definitely. I was looking forward to the game a lot but I don't think my expectations were that high. And after playing the game when I got it, I liked it a lot but I don't think I absolutely loved it and would have called it my favourite game. I'm now extremely close to finishing the game and am in love with the game. The story was just wonderful, the gameplay was great and everything has been perfect. I'm already suffering from some sadness from some of the events and I don't think any other game has done this for me. 

On 10/10/2018 at 8:08 AM, Alyxx said:

Any RPG really. Especially the Fallout games. Once you get to that sweet spot where you are really powerful and geared up, it's very satisfying.

It's true though - Fallout games tend to start all boring and dry but as the story goes along you start being drawn in more.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's true though - Fallout games tend to start all boring and dry but as the story goes along you start being drawn in more.

It's even more so in the early ones where you gained perks a lot slower...

On 12/25/2018 at 7:16 PM, Alyxx said:

As much as the newer Fallout games don't really feel like Fallout games, they do feel a lot easier to start a new game in.

I wish Bethesda would work on the quality of their games and stop shipping these half-assed games out and expecting the community to fix it and then they keep picking and choosing what we can fix.