Register Now
Keranov

Power going out while gaming?

Just now, italianmunchiez said:

Thank god for auto saves if it wasn't I think I and millions of other gamers would truly be irritated.

Some games don't have auto saves and then it gets really bad. I remember that when I was playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive the power went out 2 times while playing a competitive match.

I thought we'd moved past power outages for the most part! I can't think of a single one at my house since 2011, and that was late at night so eh.

If it happens, move on. The game will be there later.

Go and get your Monopoly set, play it with the family as per blackout tradition and let it descend into a fight. You know, like normal people...

Oh wait, that's just us?

Aye, it’s super frustrating when that happens. Last time that happened (a few months ago) my PS4 had to rebuild the database and do a general “What the f*#& just happened?” bootup. Worrying. Can’t be good for computers.

One of my pet hates is when the power goes out. Situations like these are extremely rare but it has happened to me in the past. The most annoying part is when you've nearly won a match in Battle Royale or your playing a story-mode game and you didn't do a manual save if auto isn't an option in your game. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 10/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, MegaphoneStallone said:

I thought we'd moved past power outages for the most part! I can't think of a single one at my house since 2011, and that was late at night so eh.

If it happens, move on. The game will be there later.

Go and get your Monopoly set, play it with the family as per blackout tradition and let it descend into a fight. You know, like normal people...

Oh wait, that's just us?

This happens like every week in Mexico so you already are wrong m8.

But the crux of the argument is that you shouldn't take save states for granted. Like me with the (Enhanced by me) PC version of Silent HIll 3. When the power outage happened, I literally lost the progress I have done over half of the game,

That is where an uninterruptible power supply (ups) comes in handy. I bought one from Cyberpower and it keeps my Pc and monitor running for up to 6 hours extra. Although to be fair, I don't get that many power outage either but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is where an uninterruptible power supply (ups) comes in handy. I bought one from Cyberpower and it keeps my Pc and monitor running for up to 6 hours extra. Although to be fair, I don't get that many power outage either but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

How do you get those and can you get me one?

11 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

How do you get those and can you get me one?

I bought it off eBay and my shipping company is Aeropostale which provides with a shipping address in the USA. You should look for a provider in your country - I am fairly certain you can find one. I just checked and they do have a branch in Mexico so sign up with them. You will have to pay Customs duties on the stuff you buy and ship to your country. The brand is CyberPower and it is very reliable - way more reliable than APC.

Edited by killamch89