Register Now
Keranov

Did you receive games as a kid for Christmas?

Usually games would be given to me and my siblings as a shared gift. I don't think any of us had our own games until much later.

I distinctly remember opening a present and getting Magical Quest for the SNES. Was a fun game too.

3 hours ago, DylanC said:

Aye, I received my first proper console for Christmas: the SNES. Came with Super Mario All Stars which is possibly the best collection of games ever created.

Didn't play that until very late, around 2004 or something when I bought it second hand.

5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Didn't play that until very late, around 2004 or something when I bought it second hand.

I love picking up consoles second hand and playing all the classics for super cheap. I did that with the OG Xbox. The SNES has a great library. 

Just now, Alyxx said:

Still need to buy an XBox at some point...

I picked up the Xbox One at launch but traded it in after a couple of years as there just wasn't really a compelling reason to switch it on. The Xbox 360, however, was a beast. So many great games (though I still loved my PS3's exclusives the most).

I want to pick up an Xbox One, but there just doesn't seem to be much to play except Gears of War and Halo, and I'm getting kinda tired of those series tbh. 

Never 😢 And it's not that I didn't ask for them. I remember asking Santa for a PS2 and a gameboy and games for my PC but all I ever got where dolls and real toys. My parents believed that as a girl I should grow up in front of a TV like my cousins so I never got to play as much as I wanted 😄 Now though, I remind them all the time that I'm so into games cause they never let me buy them hahaha

This post brings back memories. It was either for my Birthday or for a Christmas. I'm thinking it's a christmas present, my parents decided to buy me my first gaming console (Xbox 360) along with a set of 2-5 games which included GTA 5, the first COD, Forza and various other games. The system must of lasted for 4-6 years and by this time I purchased my very first gaming Laptop which I'm using today. Best gifts as a young person I ever received, made xmas that little bit more special and exciting.