Register Now
Keranov

Tablet or phone for mobile gaming?

On 12/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, DarthHazard said:

I've used on tablet in my lifetime and that was only an Android one that came for free with one of my previous phones. Personally, I don't care for them that much. They seem a bit useless really which is probably shown by the fact that people are not as interested in them as they once were. For me, phones are much better for mobile gaming. It's a convenient size especially since you already carry it around all the time plus it has the added bonus of being a phone. Most of us have large phones with great screens as well so it isn't a problem.

The issue is battery life. I agree that I don't use my tablet for much more than gaming and ebook reading but I need my phone for business and emergencies. It's not like you'll just find a carrier pigeon hanging around when your phone runs out of juice 😂

On 12/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, killamch89 said:

The issue is battery life. I agree that I don't use my tablet for much more than gaming and ebook reading but I need my phone for business and emergencies. It's not like you'll just find a carrier pigeon hanging around when your phone runs out of juice 😂

Powerbanks can always be an option for absolute emergencies. I always carry one with me. Phones are easy to drop, what protection do you have? Glass/plastic screen protector, phone case, etc?

3 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Powerbanks can always be an option for absolute emergencies. I always carry one with me. Phones are easy to drop, what protection do you have? Glass/plastic screen protector, phone case, etc?

I do own a couple powerbanks but trying to game while charging your phone produces a lot of heat from the device which is very annoying in some circumstances.  My case is a Spigen hybrid armor which is made out of some kind of rubbery substance but it protects my cell phone extremely well. My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge does not have a screen protector on it because besides it being ridiculously hard to find one that fits properly on it, it is kind of...unneccessary. My screen has no scratches on it and I wipe my cell phone screen at least once a week so it still looks basically brand new.

I think the tablet is lot better for the big screen gaming. But if you want to play those pocket sized games then mobile is lot better. I think some of the games however say that involves the real defense like strategy, they can be played better on any platform.