Register Now
Keranov

Do you spend a lot on phones?

I don't spend large amounts of money but my phones aren't cheap either. I always go for contracts because it's just easier and better because you don't have to worry about anything. And then every 2 years when my contract ends, I get a brand new phone. This time I went for the Galaxy S8 and I'm paying around £29 per month for it. I get a good amount of data and unlimited texts and calls with my contract as well which is great. It's not too expensive and great especially since I'm quite reliant on my phone.

I try not to spend too much on phones because they don't tend to last too long. I had a few android phones over the course of the past 3 years, and they both got really sluggish on me. I'm currently using my daughter's old iPhone 5C and it's still pretty snappy after doing a factory reset on it as she's upgraded to a newer iPhone model with her birthday money. I don't really like spending too much on phones though because they don't really last too long and I just don't see the point. 🙂

I spend a decent amount on my cell phone because I use it for a lot of things and I need things like taking quick pictures, video conferencing and other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. The most I've ever spent and will be willing to spend on a smartphone is $600 US and it was for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which has served me well for the last 2 and 1/2 years. I will be upgrading soon but I'm not interested in the S10 at all - I want the note 9 but waiting for the price to drop below $600 dollars before I buy one.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:30 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

One of my pet hates is spending alot of money on a phone when you don't have to. The maximum monetary value I would spend on a phone is £150-200. The Huawei Y7 is good value and I'd highly recommend it, 12.99 monthly or £130.00 for Sim Free

It depends on an individual user's needs as well. The flagship smartphones tend to have better integration with certain services and apps that a business person constantly needs access to.

I try to find cheaper phone these days. For example my current phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. And that phone seems to be good for me on the usage side and for gaming. I can tell you that it may not be the best phone out there but it can get pretty effective on the gaming side. With 3GB RAM. you can play most of the games and also there are plenty of future games that it can adjust with for configuration.