Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best FPS Game Ever Made?

Hmm, for me it's a very strong tie between the original Doom and Quake. Both popularized the genre and it wouldn't be what it is today without those games. Doom was in many ways the true father of the entire genre, and set in stone a lot of the conventions that still apply today. And Quake added mouse look and WASD controls and a true 3D environment. Heck, there are remnants of the original Quake engine in a lot of stuff today even.

Probably the original Modern Warfare or MW2 for me.  I have burnt out on CODs in recent years, but those were some of the best FPS campaigns I have ever played.  I was also a big fan of the Crysis games, but I don't know if they really deserve to be ranked among the best FPS games, I just love a good FPS campaign. 

Just now, Joant73 said:

Probably the original Modern Warfare or MW2 for me.  I have burnt out on CODs in recent years, but those were some of the best FPS campaigns I have ever played.  I was also a big fan of the Crysis games, but I don't know if they really deserve to be ranked among the best FPS games, I just love a good FPS campaign. 

The original Modern Warfare is a good choice as it kinda shook up the genre a bit when it came out. Remains fun to play to this day too. And the Crysis games are awesome, especially the original. Not the greatest in terms of story or pacing but they definitely set their mark on the genre.

Bioshock is alright. It's great in terms of atmosphere and storytelling, I just feel it falls short on the actual shooting part of FPS. It doesn't feel like it does anything radical in terms of actual gameplay. The abilities you get have already been done in games like System Shock and Deus Ex and the shooting is... meh. It never feels particularly satisfying in my opinion. If you ask me it's not up there among the best but it's still a good game.

Edited by Alyxx

8 hours ago, o-o said:

CSGO.

*bursts out laughing* Sorry... XD

10 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

It's a tie for me between Nintendo 64's Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Both were so great and fun, even now you can have endless fun just by yourself if you want.

Good choices. For me I'd pick Perfect Dark over GoldenEye since it was more of an original idea and frankly a better and more fully realized experience. Also both are pretty much way more playable in emulators these days.