Register Now
DylanC

Rumors of N64 classic

Alright. I still have my N64, and still play it.

So I have a list, because my N64 is getting older and more unreliable and I don't know how much longer I will be able to use it.

- Pokemon Stadium
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Party
- Goldeneye
- Gauntlet Legends
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Super Mario 64
- Pokemon Snap
- NBA Courtside
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Zelda: Majora's Mask

There's more, but this is the base line of my happiness with it.

I really hope they go out on a limb here and actually make some games for online play. It would be great specially since N64 was made for party people.

I'm a purist and hope they don't.

I agree about the party people thing, but party people hang in person.

Edited by MegaphoneStallone

4 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

Alright. I still have my N64, and still play it.

So I have a list, because my N64 is getting older and more unreliable and I don't know how much longer I will be able to use it.

- Pokemon Stadium
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Party
- Goldeneye
- Gauntlet Legends
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Super Mario 64
- Pokemon Snap
- NBA Courtside
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Zelda: Majora's Mask

There's more, but this is the base line of my happiness with it.

I'm a purist and hope they don't.

I agree about the party people thing, but party people hang in person.

Nice! That’s a solid and comprehensive list. That said, I’m a big StarFox fan so I’d love to see StarFox 64 somwhere in there, too! 

3 hours ago, DylanC said:

Nice! That’s a solid and comprehensive list. That said, I’m a big StarFox fan so I’d love to see StarFox 64 somwhere in there, too! 

I basically just listed my childhood favourites.

I doubt we'd ever see NBA Courtside seeing as though the company (Was it called LeftField Productions?) shut down. 😞

I never played StarFox.

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Aye sadly...

I've got to wonder though, how costly it would be to get around said licensing issues.

I mean, if they want to go 'all in' on this console and do it right surely there'd have to be some content like this put in.

I know Nintendo no longer own Banjo-Kazooie either, but it'd be cool to have that as well.

7 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

I've got to wonder though, how costly it would be to get around said licensing issues.

I mean, if they want to go 'all in' on this console and do it right surely there'd have to be some content like this put in.

I know Nintendo no longer own Banjo-Kazooie either, but it'd be cool to have that as well.

Yeah, the prices of these consoles seems to be going up. I wonder how much it’ll cost? Also, I think the controller’s gonna be tough to produce, too. Oh, and Banjo Kazooie would be a good addition, sure.

8 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

To go around it would mean a lot of $$$$ and that is more they will most likely give up than get back.

A potential design for the Nintendo 64 Mini might have been leaked online, although we’d take things with a pinch of salt until official confirmation.

Nacho on Twitter has provided a series of images which appear to feature the N64 Mini, and many of them look quite genuine. These could always just be professional renders, though.