Register Now
StaceyPowers

Rushing through games

So many times when I’m looking online for tips on some section of a game, I see someone else mention it took them “a few hours” when it takes me closer to “many hours.”

Maybe some people are just hyper-efficient, but it seems like a lot of folks rush through games. I like to take my time and see and do all I can. I’m sad when a game is over. Where do you weigh in?

Aye, I take my time with games, for the most part. If it's an RPG, I like wandering around and just getting lost in the world. If it's a linear shooter, I tend to stand and gawk at the views or check every corner for items. I tend to take pleasure in just being immersed in another world. 

Yea some people just sprint through the story.  I had a friend who beat Skyrim at like level 18 or something like that, because all they did was story and because of how it levels to you they could get through it.  I find that a waste really, I always take my sweet time and explore everything I can.  Every now and then I will gamefly a game that I want to check out just for the story, I will play those a bit faster so I can mail them back for the next.  But large open world games, I am always taking my time. 

Edited by Joant73

Sometimes I need to hold myself off from rushing through a game when the story really got me. I try to distract myself from it by doing side missions, but sometimes it just gets boring, so I progress with the story. So I don't take super-long, but I still try to take my time to explore everything and then progress further.

This is why I actually like BoTW so much, it didn't really have any story to go with, so I was 20 hours in the game and still didn't step foot into Hateno, haha. It really took me long to finish the story.