Register Now
Jerlene

PS3 worth.

I bought a PS3 that was modified to have a 2TB hard drive. I got it used from GameStop for $120 or something and I think this was including the four games that I bought. 

Anyway, I don't use it anymore and put the whole bundle up for sale on Facebook. Everyone was laughing because I guess I was asking way too much. 

I put the console, two controllers(one original) and four games up for sale and was asking $150 for all of it. 

Do you think this was a reasonable price? If not, how much should I be asking for? I really just wanted to get what I spent back. It doesn't seem like that's possible though.

It's probably worth $50-$75. It's old and out of date and technology depreciates quickly. I sold my Xbox 360 for $60, was just happy to get it out of my house and free up the space. Otherwise, I would have donated it.

I don't think the box would get sold now for anything over 50$. It is one of the old boxes now and there seems to be lack of games that you can play. And over that new games like fortnite and PUBG etc are not even worth it with the old box. So I think it's time you move on from this box. 

Just a couple weeks ago I bought a PS3 off Craigslist for $150, but it also had 18 games with it. Out of them all I kept 2 and put he rest back up on CL for $35 as a bundle. So older systems are tricky. Sometimes you can find someone willing to pay the money for it, sometimes not. It's a total crapshoot. You might try CL. It will probably sell quicker on there than FB.

If the PS 5 starts to sell well, I am sure a lot of people would be selling their old PS devices. And then the rates may surely fall off. So now is the time to sell them at much higher price before PS 5 takes the market. 

On 6/21/2020 at 3:54 PM, ARx182 said:

I would pay $50 max for a PS3 unless I’m getting 30+ games with it - make that $80. Especially with the PS5 launch imminent, I would say the PS3 isn’t worth much at the moment.

PS3 has a lot of great games on it's own, and can also play any of the great classics from PS1 as well. I still use mine, and have a hell of a lot of fun doing so. Just because the PS5 is close to launch, doesn't mean that the PS3 should be disowned. That makes no sense to me. There are PS3 games that are classics that people loved instantly. There are no guarantees that said game will be ported or remade to be compatible with PS5. So dumping the PS3 just because something new comes out seems extremely foolish to me. I really don't get the reasoning behind getting rid of games/systems you love because a new system comes out. If GTA/COD/ES had stopped being made forever at the PS3, would you still be saying that?

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/26/2020 at 5:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

PS3 has a lot of great games on it's own, and can also play any of the great classics from PS1 as well. I still use mine, and have a hell of a lot of fun doing so. Just because the PS5 is close to launch, doesn't mean that the PS3 should be disowned. That makes no sense to me. There are PS3 games that are classics that people loved instantly. There are no guarantees that said game will be ported or remade to be compatible with PS5. So dumping the PS3 just because something new comes out seems extremely foolish to me. I really don't get the reasoning behind getting rid of games/systems you love because a new system comes out. If GTA/COD/ES had stopped being made forever at the PS3, would you still be saying that?

I understand where you're coming from, but that is how technology and life generally work. If I have a toy that I played a lot with, but then a better and more advanced version of the same toy comes along, more likely than not, I am going to play with the newer toy, disregard and eventually forget all about the first toy, unless you're someone that holds on to nostalgia.

Edited by ARx182

Let me offer you this.

have you ever played Dantes Inferno? it was only on the PS3 and Xbox 360. It was a monumental game. As of yet there is no sequel, and to my knowledge no plans for one. But it wasn't ported to the PS4 or Xbox One. If you loved that game, would you give it up just because the PS4 and Xbox One came out? Or insert any game title there.

Edited by The Blackangel