Register Now
Jerlene

PS3 worth.

I'd probably pay $100 for a package like that. Just because the console is sold old and the new PS5 is being released this year greatly devalues the device once again. About a year ago I was considering buying a PS3 on eBay that was jailbroken so I could have fun with certain solo games but even JB consoles run a pretty penny.

Considering the fact that it's an old version of Playstation, although with the accessories that comes with it, the price is still way too high. I would be surprised if you get to to sell it for more than $70-$90.

When I bought my PS3 slim console (3000 model), I exchanged it for a PS2 console and paid $48 upfront to own it. My PS2 was valued at the rate of $20 back then, meaning I spent total of $68 purchasing the PS3 version in 2014. 

2014 to 2018 comes with difference of four years, you can't get it such amount, it should be $58 back then in 2018. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:18 AM, skyfire said:

If there are such limited edition games with the console available then the market price for such console goes higher.

Yeah - but over here you hardly see anyone purchasing Playstation 3. It's pretty much older for gamers here. Some are just managing PS4. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

And the value of the console after seeing two new gen consoles staying ahead of it. It's simply going retrospective and not longer trending. 

Although, I personally still have much respect for gamers who are still stuck on these old PS consoles and not because they don't have money to upgrade but out of their attachment to the game. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Although, I personally still have much respect for gamers who are still stuck on these old PS consoles and not because they don't have money to upgrade but out of their attachment to the game. 

Yes, some of them have funds to upgrade but due to the fact they are stuck with the beauty of the games they are playing on the console they simply feel relaxed. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, some of them have funds to upgrade but due to the fact they are stuck with the beauty of the games they are playing on the console they simply feel relaxed. 

Yeah - it's actually what I call pure love for the particular console that they can't let go of it, or they might buy the latest version but still play with the old one. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually what I call pure love for the particular console that they can't let go of it, or they might buy the latest version but still play with the old one. 

Yeah, they can still buy the newer version and still keep the older version simply because they've gone far playing their favourite game on it.