Register Now
Jerlene

Did you give in to the remakes?

3 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I tried the new version of Vice city when it was re made.Fucking awful. The 'new' version had graphics that looked like crap. I had to go through 3 cut scenes when I died and then the controls were so bad I'd just die again and go through the same 3 cut scenes to get back to where I was. Uninstalled immediately after a few time going through that crap. Just a cash grab from Rockstar/take 2.

I have no intentions of buying the remaster series until they fix it 100%, which RS probably won't, because their focus is on making the new GTA. But yeah, that was probably one of the worst remasters/remakes to release. There really is no excuse for how bad it was at release, and probably how bad it still is. 

Rockstar/Take Two should know better than to rush things. 

What sucks even more, is that it's rumored that they are no longer making a remaster for GTA IV or RDR1. Which I was so looking forward to, but now looking at the trilogy remaster, I think we saved ourselves from disappointment. 

7 hours ago, Syntax said:

If the remakes allow me to play it on a newer platform (ex; GTA San Andres), then sure I'll purchase it. But if it's a remake on the same platform (Last of Us), it makes little sense in my opinion.

That's not really it either - The Last Of Us didn't need a remake especially when the sequel just came out a year or two ago. They could've given it a bit more time before doing a remake.

I'd only buy it if there's extra new content that makes it worth the price or if it's an entirely new game like FFVII remake. I didn't even bother to buy the "remastered" PC version of Insomniac's Spider-Man in spite of being probably one of the biggest Spidey-fans on this forum. Man, looking back at it now, it's funny how I bought a PS4 just for that game, and now it's ported to the PC like it's easy as pie. lol Not complaining, but still, makes me wonder if I should've bought that PS4 at all, since I didn't have a huge library for the console. But I digress.

At certain times, I'd pay for a remake if I like the developer well enough and want to support them so that they could make more games I'd like. But then again, if the publisher makes the lazy move of releasing a lazy remake... I wouldn't be sure if I'd want to support them at all, so it's a dilemma.

I think Remakes should be for games that have stories that actually stand the test of time but you need an emulator to play nowadays and the graphics are really bad now. I enjoyed FF7's story with the abridged series but I could never see myself playing the game. The Remake was a godsend. I enjoyed the new things they added to spice up the story and the writing was clever, thought not all chapters were stellar.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

I think Remakes should be for games that have stories that actually stand the test of time but you need an emulator to play nowadays and the graphics are really bad now. I enjoyed FF7's story with the abridged series but I could never see myself playing the game. The Remake was a godsend. I enjoyed the new things they added to spice up the story and the writing was clever, thought not all chapters were stellar.

Yeah I agree. Or games that haven't aged well in terms of controls and graphics. The original FF7 hasn't aged super well, but I still have a fondness for the graphics. I played a quarter of the way through the game, and I remember liking the graphics. 

I have yet to play the remake. I hear they're making multiple parts now. Why so many parts? 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:43 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I agree. Or games that haven't aged well in terms of controls and graphics. The original FF7 hasn't aged super well, but I still have a fondness for the graphics. I played a quarter of the way through the game, and I remember liking the graphics. 

I have yet to play the remake. I hear they're making multiple parts now. Why so many parts? 

I agree - I liked what they did with FFVII Remake. I wish Square Enix would've put that much energy into the FF8 remake instead of the remastered version where there was a graphical increase.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:33 AM, Jerlene said:

Old consoles are coming back in style. If you get it in store it will run you a few hundred bucks. If you get it online you can get it as cheap as $40 brand new. If you want a cheap version go to the Wish app. Trust me, in store isn't much better. I bought a new Sega brand new from Officemax and it sucked. I played for a total of 10 minutes and ended up selling it. 

But were you one of the people that gave into this fad? They have the old Nintendo, the original Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. It was a major throwback. Loved it.

Those Genesis Atgames clones were terrible. They had poor sound emulation so it's no wonder why many people didn't like them nor bought them up. Thankfully Sega made two mini versions of the Genesis, though they can't play actual cartridges like the Shatgames consoles. Plus since these new ones offer better emulation, you can hack them and add your own games. I think you can even add different emulators too.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:43 AM, Empire said:

I agree with FF7, the new graphical polish and improved gameplay really won me over and although there were elements of the remake I never fancied all that much, it's till a better example of a remake done right. The Metroid Prime Remake on the Switch is also pretty awesome with the improved controls and graphical update.