Register Now
Jerlene

Carpal tunnel syndrome.

Have you gotten Carpal tunnel syndrome yet? It was apart of the news that Carpal tunnel syndrome is ending a lot of gamer's careers. 

I can see how this would happen though. There's a certain level of gaming that you don't come back from. lol My brother was addicted. He would spend all his free time gaming and it hurt his hand. I don't think it was Carpal tunnel though. He ended up running over his games and console to prove to himself that he didn't need it. It worked. 

But do you game on that level? 

Mind controls should never be a thing.

Imagine the data mining that would come with companies having even basic access to our minds.

No thank you. Let's just hope medicine just advances to the point Carpal Tunnel (among other things) is about as bad as a headache that lasts an hour or so.

I have not got carpel tunnel, and probably don't game enough for it to even happen...Typing however.

3 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

Mind controls should never be a thing.

Imagine the data mining that would come with companies having even basic access to our minds.

No thank you. Let's just hope medicine just advances to the point Carpal Tunnel (among other things) is about as bad as a headache that lasts an hour or so.

I have not got carpel tunnel, and probably don't game enough for it to even happen...Typing however.

Next best thing I suppose, like replacing my entire arm with a robot arm.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:05 AM, Alyxx said:

Never had it and I've been a gamer all my life. If you're a PC gamer it's a good idea to have proper height on your desk to make sure your arms rest comfortably.

Oh my goodness! You're so right! The height of your desk and the height of your chair definitely matters. I hate when I have to use my crappy computer chair and the thing keeps dropping so now my arms are higher than they should be and the desk is digging into my arms.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, DylanC said:

Luckily, I haven't been affected by Carpel Tunnel Syndrome as of yet. Really hope I don't ever get it. Sounds like a nightmare.

Just make sure your desk and chair are at proper heights and it won't happen. It only happens if you're gaming and putting too much stress on your wrists.

5 minutes ago, Jerlene said:

Oh my goodness! You're so right! The height of your desk and the height of your chair definitely matters. I hate when I have to use my crappy computer chair and the thing keeps dropping so now my arms are higher than they should be and the desk is digging into my arms.

Yeap, very important to make sure that doesn't happen.

I never admitted to myself that I was addicted to video games but I think I had my moments too. I remember, at some point, my psu broke down and I had to spend 2 days without a PC until I get a new one. Unfortunately, during the first night I went to my sister crying, asking her for money to go play at a gaming station. That was my low point and I'm glad she didn't give them to me. Luckily, everything stopped when I got my first job. I blame boredom and bad emotional state for that behaviour. 😕