Register Now
MegaphoneStallone

Social Media

On 1/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, killamch89 said:

And add the fact that everyone is so freaking sensitive - Social media has created a generation of snowflakes.

Eeeeggh, tone it down with that one Killa.

I've had some reasonable discussion with plenty of people over places like Twitter. However, it is important to learn to respect boundaries and other people's pronouns. I used to think it was annoying but it really isn't.

17 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Eeeeggh, tone it down with that one Killa.

I've had some reasonable discussion with plenty of people over places like Twitter. However, it is important to learn to respect boundaries and other people's pronouns. I used to think it was annoying but it really isn't.

I am not lying though - they are outraged by every little thing. Yes, you can have reasonable conversations on social media but when one idiot enters the conversation, they ruin it with their stupidity and political correctedness.

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I am not lying though - they are outraged by every little thing. Yes, you can have reasonable conversations on social media but when one idiot enters the conversation, they ruin it with their stupidity and political correctedness.

Yep, you got me there sadly.

19 hours ago, mont86 said:

How many people remember a the time before social media ..

Answering machines and call forwarding..

Calling collect and person to person... Long distance.

It was op/ed pieces in the news paper .

I remember because I ws born in the late 80's - it does really surprise me how far technology has really come but with it came the lack of physical socialization. Most people nowadays especially the younger ones lack basic social skills when communicating with people face-to-face.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Social media has its uses when it comes to business connectivity, but the drama, pettiness and other weird stuff that comes with it is what I can't deal with.

As far as business , I can see , but I haven't needed that... Like my brother said. There sure are a lot of people watching ..

I do spend time on social media every now and then. And to be honest it can be fun but often things which are done the wrong way end up creating more chaos in mind. like comparison and feeling sad after seeing other people succeed. it can make many among us unhappy. So I try to keep cap on how much time I spend on the social media. It takes time for those things to work out though. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

I do spend time on social media every now and then. And to be honest it can be fun but often things which are done the wrong way end up creating more chaos in mind. like comparison and feeling sad after seeing other people succeed. it can make many among us unhappy. So I try to keep cap on how much time I spend on the social media. It takes time for those things to work out though. 

I limit my time on Social Media because I have way too much stuff to do to be paying attention to most of the nonsense on these platforms.