Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
MegaphoneStallone

Social Media

Recommended Posts

What do you have!?
I didn't have any for the longest time but I semi-recently got back onto Instagram, which has been okay. I still don't get the appeal of social media or why so many people seem to deem it 'necessary' to have to be a functioning member of society.

I also don't like how most, if not all, social media companies handle abuse user data, but that's for another day I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite social media is Facebook. It has everything you need; in fact, it combines every other social media into a single one.

Additionally, their ADS service is simply awesome if you want to advertise your project or anything at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, o-o said:

My favourite social media is Facebook. It has everything you need; in fact, it combines every other social media into a single one.

Additionally, their ADS service is simply awesome if you want to advertise your project or anything at all.

But, at what cost?

Lies...Reports of abusing their users...

I can see as an advertiser how it can benefit. I just can't comprehend how people as users can knowingly be just okay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MegaphoneStallone said:

But, at what cost?

Lies...Reports of abusing their users...

I can see as an advertiser how it can benefit. I just can't comprehend how people as users can knowingly be just okay with it.

You basically spend whatever you want. You pay for what you get; you can stop the ads whenever you want with no questions.

I basically used to spend around 30€/month. Stopping and Continueing the ads the whole month.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, o-o said:

You basically spend whatever you want. You pay for what you get; you can stop the ads whenever you want with no questions.

I basically used to spend around 30€/month. Stopping and Continueing the ads the whole month.

Best regards

I think you misunderstood me.

I was referring to human cost to the target, not the financial cost to the advertiser.

I think many content providers (mostly video) would dispute the 'you pay for what you get' when Facebook was found to be counting 2 seconds of play time while someone was scrolling through their feed as a view and then going back to the creators remarking how fantastic their video is doing. But, okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, italianmunchiez said:

I've tried twitter a few times and don't really like it, instagram and snapchat messangers like that I don't use however Facebook I use a few times a week just to see any friend request/notifications. 

Same goes for me. I do not like snapchat however.

But FaceBook is best imo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have everything under the sun. I mainly just use my personal Facebook and Instagram though. I recently made a photography profile on Instagram. I feel myself neglecting it already. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Facebook and Messenger, Gmail, Google+ and discussion boards. By far, Facebook has to be my favourite as you have the ability to start group discussions which can be used for business purposes, meeting up with friends or socialising. This social media platform helps connect the world all in one places and in my opinion brings together all of the platforms in one place.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I use Facebook and Messenger, Gmail, Google+ and discussion boards. By far, Facebook has to be my favourite as you have the ability to start group discussions which can be used for business purposes, meeting up with friends or socialising. This social media platform helps connect the world all in one places and in my opinion brings together all of the platforms in one place.

I am on most social media platforms but I hardly spend time on them unless it relates to business or talking with friends. I find that social media is full of too much drama and other crap I can't be assed about so I tend to avoid it nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killamch89 said:

I am on most social media platforms but I hardly spend time on them unless it relates to business or talking with friends. I find that social media is full of too much drama and other crap I can't be assed about so I tend to avoid it nowadays.

I also find Social media annoying. Especially because I can't even voice my concerns to someone publicly without 20 or so idiots calling both of us idiots because of a variety of reasons. SO yeah,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I also find Social media annoying. Especially because I can't even voice my concerns to someone publicly without 20 or so idiots calling both of us idiots because of a variety of reasons. SO yeah,

And add the fact that everyone is so freaking sensitive - Social media has created a generation of snowflakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...