Register Now
Scottypops

PS5 Expectations

An integrated handheld (like Switch) would be a nice idea, but not super realistic. Really, I think Sony should just double down on power like they did with the PS4. Perhaps have some kind of backwards compatibility with PS4. Way faster load times, boot up times. 16 GB RAM minimum. Honestly, I think they should avoid spreading themselves too thin with VR augmented reality. That said, they're still lucrative markets, I just think they should focus on their strength: hardware.

21 hours ago, DylanC said:

An integrated handheld (like Switch) would be a nice idea, but not super realistic. Really, I think Sony should just double down on power like they did with the PS4. Perhaps have some kind of backwards compatibility with PS4. Way faster load times, boot up times. 16 GB RAM minimum. Honestly, I think they should avoid spreading themselves too thin with VR augmented reality. That said, they're still lucrative markets, I just think they should focus on their strength: hardware.

They need to cave and make backwards compatibility for PS3 and PS4 a thing. I know its not a huge money maker but it keeps people on their Playstation system.

If we use the PS3 and PS4 release timeline, we should be getting a new one around 2020 which for me would be a great time to bring out a new console. I still feel like the PS4 is good and still feels relatively new to me. It's weird but it might be too soon to get a new console now. I'm sure they are already working on it and we might start getting news about it next year. Hopefully it's a major upgrade over the PS4 and has a lot of new benefits.

It probably will be as powerful as a budget gaming desktop in 2015 - if we are lucky lol. In all seriousness, they'll probably try to create a portable enough console to try and compete with the Nintendo Switch since the Switch is destroying both the PS4 and Xbox consoles in many markets.

I am not sure what are some of the expectation to have. But as of now I am guessing they would have more support for specific stores and also maybe DLC specific support for certain brands so that there are few things already installed and speed up things? Who knows though because we have to wait till they roll out the new version.