Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that changed your life?

When I play games, I like that they pull me out of my own head and make me question my assumptions. But usually it is in small ways. But I do remember that Myst on PC back in the day was pretty much what got me interested as a kid in physics and metaphysics (the concept of multiple worlds blew my young mind). It also was in large part what got me into writing.

Have ever played any games that really changed your life in some way?

Fallout 2 definitely helped change my perception of how RPG's could be. Back then it was rare to see a RPG not set in a fantasy world which was a big reason I wasn't into the genre. Seeing a RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world was, back then, entirely new to me. Kinda blew my mind.

I'd also say Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 changed my life as it became my gateway into my obsession with Call of Duty Multiplayer.

Silent Hill 2 changed the way I looked at video games as a medium back when it released in 2001. From a narrative perspective, it totally blew me away and highlighted how awesome video games can be at telling a deep, mature story. The next big one for me was also The Last Of Us for similar reasons. From a mechanical perspective, Oblivion was a game-changer for me, due to how huge in scope the game world was.